Chanel F/W 2019.20 by Karim Sadli

img.png

pressreader.com

Looks like and H&M catalog... Sad.

They should have kept the spirit of the show and done something fierce in the Alps. That would have been epic

After getting the 'Chanel : The Karl Lagerfeld Campaigns' book a while back and having looked through it from cover to cover, I cannot help but to love this for how it resembles Karl's earlier campaigns from the 90s in terms of layout and styling - and I think that's very fitting for the first without Lagerfeld.

The casting doesn't blow me away, think we could've definitely done with some stronger models and some Lagerfeld favorites but I won't fret too much over the casting. Vittoria, Mona and Rebecca have photographed the best, IMO... and much prefer the solo images over the group shots.

yeah, I was thinking the same... those campaigns with Claudia. That´s why I love this :smile:

Can someone please ID all the girls and the photographer?

This campaign has grown on me to no end, and might just be my most favorite mainline Chanel campaign in recent memory. There's just something so clean and chic about this in print that I'm immediately drawn to, keeps growing on me more and more whenever I stumble across it inside the magazines.

Found some new campaign images on Chanel's app:

TAKEN FROM THE CHANEL IPHONE APP

God, Kris looks so dreamy! :crush: I definitely agree, this turned out to be one of the best Chanel campaigns in recent memory. Although it may seem like a lookbook due to it's simplicity, I find a certain beauty in it. The frames add a lot to it too.

I love it! Imagine if it had been shot by I&V, Juergen or Meisel with good models

Wonder if Karl's Studio will eventually produce a new star photographer so we could actually attach a name to the photographs. I mean they did train that woman to produce exact collections Karl would do himself so it seems only natural that they'd find a new photographer to step in his shoes and do the same in photography field? This no name thing makes it seem sort of cheap and amateur-ish. Almost like they gathered the girls after the show for some quick photographs shot by whoever was around (which by the looks of it, could be true). Hope to see some glamour next season like in the older campaigns.
Of course, I still think this looks nice but for a house as big and important as Chanel, I'd love to see more. The Karl chapter is over now. Use this opportunity wisely and don't f*ck it up.

The solo shot of Kris in the cape is fabulous.

Should have been just her here....but...I get it...all big brands gotta do the Benetton thing.

New campaign images with Kris Gritaike:

EXTRACTED FROM THE DIGITAL EDITION OF US ELLE SEPTEMBER 2019
AND US HARPER'S BAZAAR SEPTEMBER 2019

Good God, she's so beautiful! I can't stop staring at her face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->