chanel floating air shoe

satine112

Reaction score
I have been in LOVE with those Chanel "air/lift" shoes since they came out a couple of year ago. They have a pointed toe, and a t-strap and then the heel is lifted, like you are floating.I was too young/poor to get them back when they came out (i am only 22 now) and now i REALLY want them but cannot find them ANYWHERE, not even on ebay anymore.

Do any of you have them and don't want them? if you do have them, are they comfy, nice?

let me know!

ok, i found a pic of them!

Last edited by a moderator:
satine112 said:
I have been in LOVE with those Chanel "air/lift" shoes since they came out a couple of year ago. They have a pointed toe, and a t-strap and then the heel is lifted, like you are floating.I was too young/poor to get them back when they came out (i am only 22 now) and now i REALLY want them but cannot find them ANYWHERE, not even on ebay anymore.

Do any of you have them and don't want them? if you do have them, are they comfy, nice?

let me know!

ok, i found a pic of them!

I like those, but how do you walk in them, is there something preventing the back from dropping onto the heel?:wink:

well, there is metal that supports it, so it is always in the air like that. I have never worn them or even seen them in person though, so i can't say for sure.

yeah, i've never seen them before you posted that picture. they are definitely different! very cool idea, can't say i'd wear them though.

Wow, I've never seen these before but they do look lovely :heart: If they really keep the space between the heel of your foot and the heel of the shoe -even when walking- then it's the funniest and most innovating feature i've seen in ages :D :flower: I hope you''ll be able to find them somewhere!

That is an interesting concept but I'm not sure if I would wear them..

i remember those shoes, but i don't think the heel of your foot stays elevated like that when you're walking...it's kind of like when you're walking in a pair of mules: it flops up and down; but when you're sitting down or have your feet up in the air :rofl: or something, the heel of your foot remains elevated. at least that's what i think.

i don't remember what collection this shoe is from, but i know i have some old magazines that have the ad with the model wearing them. i tried searching for some runway photos of the shoes in action but i couldn't find any.

3379.jpg

Brian, you are awesome! thanks for the pic. I used to have some pics from the catwalk with the girls in these shoes. It is from the same line with the birdcage heel. Remember those??? also very cool. :D

lizzyb831 said:
people would think your shoe was broken it was flapping around. lol.

This is so true. I have seen them on someone and that's exactly what i thought, but at the time i was not as educated about shoes as i'am now. They are very different and people will definetly stare in awe.

highheels,

when you saw them on the street, did the heel go down, or did it stay lifted the whole time??

did they look good?

From what i could tell they stay lifted. They do look great on because they are designed beautifully and because they grab so much attention.

satine112 said:
Brian, you are awesome! thanks for the pic. I used to have some pics from the catwalk with the girls in these shoes. It is from the same line with the birdcage heel. Remember those??? also very cool. :D

yes! fall 2002... the show vive la fête performed at :wub:
and yes, the birdcage heels are great; also a favorite of mine. i believe i saw them on ebay once :cry:

00143.L.JPG
00147.L.JPG

i found a random article about your floating heel shoe, satine... it had photos, but i cannot view them ...

August 22, 2002/ FWD/ --- Surprisingly, the sexiest and most surefire-hit shoe from Chanel this fall season might also be the collection's most comfortable. Dreamt up last January by Karl Lagerfeld, the Floating Heel sandal made its debut alongside a host of tight-fitting redingotes and polite, petal pink dresses on the Tuilleries' runway of Chanel's spring couture collection.

And though such extravagant accessories are usually intended as mere decorative showpieces, the sexy black detached stiletto garnered such enthusiasm from the crowd that included Kate Capshaw, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Bernadette Chirac that, as of August, it has become available in the ready-to-wear sections of Chanel boutiques nationwide.

"It's all about women walking on air...dancing," says a Chanel spokesperson, who tried on the ethereal little numbers and confirmed their comfort quotient.

Split at the sole where the metal heel is fixed -- with another sole, that cradles the foot, rising up into the air -- the avant-garde shoes are not only a technical achievement, but also a 2cm boost to an already stiletto-enhanced stature.

And with a strap that fastens into a charming bow below the ankle, they ultimately appear feminine and graceful.

The sandals come in satin and velvet kid for $695, and python for $795.

Yeah, about a year and a half to two years ago, ebay had tons of birdcage and floating shoes, and now...NONE!!! i'm so depressed...btw, great job finding all these pics, what site do you go to??

wow, they were $$$

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d1rtb4g
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->