Charles de Vilmorin Haute Couture S/S 2022 Paris

I see his own line really as a platform of self expression.
Now that he is doing Rochas, developing his signature and also proving his commercial viability, I can appreciate his own line for what it is.

It would have been better to see the clothes. This kind of shoot make everything look very 80’s, trying to hard to be New Romantics in the spirit…

The green coat and the look after are interesting tho.

^^^ It’s all shadows and darkness to hide the stunningly poor tailoring. The sloppy puckering, the uneven hemming of the first blue dress looks like a costume from a 3rd-rate theatre company. If everything already looks this poorly-made in a shot, I can't imagine how dismal it must be in-hand. The rest look like a wardrobe for an amateur drag queen doing torch songs. French talent ain’t what it use to be...

^^^ It’s all shadows and darkness to hide the stunningly poor tailoring. The sloppy puckering, the uneven hemming of the first blue dress looks like a costume from a 3rd-rate theatre company. If everything already looks this poorly-made in a shot, I can't imagine how dismal it must be in-hand. The rest look like a wardrobe for an amateur drag queen doing torch songs. French talent ain’t what it use to be...

I saw at Rochas that he can do good. It will come…
I let him time…

Presenting during Couture is a bit pretentious in a way but the level is so low that tbh…He should go for it.

^^^ LOL Perhaps. Just a matter of principle that someone as lacking in technical skills (and talent), should be part of the supporting team before he's given the reins of a house. But I’m sure he draws in the kidz to snatch up the tees and bucket hats, and that’s all that matters these days.

As soon as I see such overused tropes like muttenchop sleeves/oversized ruffles/non-stop ruching, whatever optimism and patience I may have, is immediately killed. Add to that this Kenny Scharf brand of obnoxious oversized graffiti, and I’d rather support Faith Connexion unconditionally since Decarnin did that overpriced, handprinted graffiti slop much more convincingly. Don’t know what’s worse: plastering logos/monograms all over basics and convincing the sheep it’s high fashion— or these ghastly, loud Jean-Charles de Castelbajac/Kenny Scharf graffiti oversized painted faces, hotrod flames and doodles all over basics and calls it high fashion.

If I’m generous, he’s on the level of someone like Christopher John Rogers. And at least the latter seems to have hired himself a competent team of dressmakers for his own line with that Target money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcos11
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->