Chloé Pre-Fall 2015

marcBarna

Reaction score
By Marc Karimzadeh
David Bowie and Kate Bush both informed Clare Waight Keller’s pre-fall lineup for Chloé — the former during his Ziggy Stardust moment, the latter just as she arrived in London from the bucolic English countryside wearing her brother’s coat. Together, the two influences led to a charming, boyish-meets-boho mix that played to the designer’s proclivities with just enough glam-rock touches to add a fresh dimension to her oeuvre.

Waight Keller worked Seventies high-waisted sailor pants, which she teamed with a little jacket or knit sweater. Outerwear was a strong point, especially her cool Mongolian-goatskin styles, such as the embroidered and patchworked coat — fanciful and very rock ’n’ roll.

wwd.com

Wow Chloe is actually making decent pants again.
Its ironic, when Hannah was at the helm, she put out a lot of decent pants ( A Chloe trademark) but was fired for producing these kind of Clothes if not better :P. Which actually were superbly cut I might add.

Its funny when Hannah was doing blatantly early 70s clothing, ( patchwork ponchos, ochre colors) , she was panned for it by some critics, I guess Hannah had the last laugh ,because the same look has been made vogue by YSL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Instantly thought of you when viewing all the pants here!

There are bits and pieces to love, but it also feels a bit overwrought and messy.

Its ironic, when Hannah was at the helm, she put out a lot of decent pants ( A Chloe trademark) but was fired for producing these kind of Clothes if not better :P. Which actually were superbly cut I might add.

Its funny when Hannah was doing blatantly early 70s clothing, ( patchwork ponchos, ochre colors) , she was panned for it by some critics, I guess Hannah had the last laugh ,because the same look has been made vogue by YSL.

Well that was sad cause i really like her works at the house, esp the fall 2009 and fall 2010.

^ Hannah did it better, for sure. Still wonder where she is these days.

Chloe's pre-collections are always really strong and the runway collections... aren't. At first I thought maybe the clothes simply don't translate well to a runway format but even on the racks the pre-collections read much better and much more desirable than the runway stuff.

I dunno, Richemont hasn't been doing so well. I wonder how much of that has to do with Chloe. This label is, as far as I am concerned, stagnant. Not much to drool over in general, not much to praise. Keller is doing a fine job but the way the market is changing I'm not sure it's enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->