Chloé Pre-Fall 2024 Paris

Lotta didn't repost anything and doesn't even follow Chloé nor Chemena.
Really a pity…
Interesting, because Chemena does follow Lotta 🫢

I think Lotta was perfect for Chloé for the same reasons LadyJunon mentioned, this presentation is soooo pretty and feels incredibly fresh. I wonder what happened, because obviously the official version is not true (Miu Miu asking her to not work for Chloé).

I just remember I worked once with Élodie in the couture week and never found her appeal as a stylist. It was in a fashion show and she stepped into a gown with her heel and shredded it lmao.

Suzanne could be cool, Karl as well (and then she can introduce Chemena to Marta).

Btw, these pics are way better than the campaign by Sims. Do we know who’s the photographer? I’m kinda obsessed.

Last edited:
It's such a strong offering! Even if the styling doesn't really make sense at some points (case in question: the golden belt and the logo t-shirt is just a bit too much to handle), it still feels refreshing and charming. As we know, Lotta is already gone, so I'm curious how they're gonna evolve in the direction without her.

I also hope they're gonna present some better knitwear. That's the weakest category here imo.

It's such a strong offering! Even if the styling doesn't really make sense at some points (case in question: the golden belt and the logo t-shirt is just a bit too much to handle), it still feels refreshing and charming. As we know, Lotta is already gone, so I'm curious how they're gonna evolve in the direction without her.

I also hope they're gonna present some better knitwear. That's the weakest category here imo.
I don’t think Lotta was involved in the creative process, no? I thought her involvement was a classic late stage type.

Hedi is supposedly going to Chloe!!
Chemena’s 1st collection underperformed with the orders. Noone in Sweden wants to look like that. Also, Chinese market is in recession, so Hedi is thinking going to Chanel after a season at Chloe.
Chemena will stay at Chloe doing See by Chloe (and a big colab with Moncler x Prada Sport for Korean market only).

GORGEOUS. It's the precise styling that makes it especially desirable. That black look with the wide leather coat and boxy handbag is sooo beautiful.

I don't even like the frilly pieces, but it's the gold accents that make everything look modern.

Oh the pricing is good, the pieces are beautiful, everything makes sense….
I almost feel guilty because Chloe is not really my style. But it’s perfect.

I have so many girlfriends that are into Chloe. And I think it’s so great that they didn’t try to alienate their historic customer.
It’s expensive but it’s fairly accessible.

I don’t really see how this could flop. I hope Richemont pushes the marketing!

I almost feel guilty because Chloe is not really my style. But it’s perfect.
I have so many girlfriends that are into Chloe. And I think it’s so great that they didn’t try to alienate their historic customer.

I like her products, they are fine
I like her lookbook, they are great
However, Chloe has an easy case like Peter's Tom Ford, both brands have a strong relevant imagery, the suits just need to find a creative with not much personal ego and play it safe

It's much harder for Gucci, McQueen, Givenchy, Moschino, Lanvin and Ferragamo etc to redefine themselves I think

Last edited:
Interesting, because Chemena does follow Lotta 🫢

I think Lotta was perfect for Chloé for the same reasons LadyJunon mentioned, this presentation is soooo pretty and feels incredibly fresh. I wonder what happened, because obviously the official version is not true (Miu Miu asking her to not work for Chloé).

I just remember I worked once with Élodie in the couture week and never found her appeal as a stylist. It was in a fashion show and she stepped into a gown with her heel and shredded it lmao.

Suzanne could be cool, Karl as well (and then she can introduce Chemena to Marta).

Btw, these pics are way better than the campaign by Sims. Do we know who’s the photographer? I’m kinda obsessed.
obviously the official version is not true (Miu Miu asking her to not work for Chloé).

Exactly because exclusive contracts are drafted and signed and with that comes a literal list of names they would agree not to work with for the duration of the Miu Miu contract.

I like her products, they are fine
I like her lookbook, they are great
However, Chloe has an easy case like Peter's Tom Ford, both brands have a strong relevant imagery, the suits just need to find a creative with not much personal ego and play it safe

It's much harder for Gucci, McQueen, Givenchy, Moschino, Lanvin and Ferragamo etc to redefine themselves I think
Not really IMO.
I mean, Chemena at Chloe works and somehow feels Oh so right because ultimately, she understands the brand. She is the woman and all. But apparently, the brand imagery wasn’t strong enough for them to struggle for such a longtime.

Alber at Lanvin felt so right that we somehow forgot that he looked at the archives. Lanvin felt so natural to him.

Riccardo…People are quick to remember the Rottweiler and the more buzz things he did later on but when you look at his first RTW show and a lot of his earlier shows, he got Givenchy!

Some people makes totally 1 with a designer, a brand or an aesthetic. Those are the ones who are usually more confident to push things. Look at Nicolas at Balenciaga…From the first collection!

I think about Ferragamo. Their issues started when they hired Paul Andrew. Before that, they had a line up of designers who totally understood the ethos of the brand.

I don’t think Peter Hawkings is the ultimate guy for Tom Ford but he is one of the architect of the menswear so he is important.

The problem of those brands are the suits. How is it possible that on TFS, we are able to make more intelligent brand/designers pairings than those people. Yes some of us knows and understand the industry but when you love and look at fashion, know history, have an understanding of the environment, you make good judgement.

Frida Giannini should have been at Ferragamo. When you look at her work, it’s so obvious!

When you look at the progression of Riccardo’s work from his early days at Givenchy, you truly understand that his lineage comes from Versace. That’s why everybody want to see him at Versace.

So much talk has been made about Christopher Kane. He is not a hot name now but in reality, he probably belonged to Alaia.

There’s no easy or difficult brand really. It’s really about having the eye for it. The talents are there!

We had so much talk about Ancora. This is what the effect of a great first collection looks like. And Chloe has nowhere the marketing budget of Gucci. No need for a movie about the CD to create sympathy for him.

The collection was great. There was an anticipation. She had her debut show 3 months ago and the echos of that collection and of this new era will already have a tangible moment with the Prefall.

Trajectories of success are different but whether it works from the first show or comes later, it’s always organic.

As a designer she has done her part. Now, it’s time for the suits to prove why they deserves their salary.

I checked the website and many things are already sold out! 😮
All the flou pieces, silk blouses and dresses, are made in Madagascar, like many Phoebe Philo pieces, they probably ordered very small series to reduce the risk of unsold inventories... it's now totally forbidden in the EU to destroy unsold clothes...

All the flou pieces, silk blouses and dresses, are made in Madagascar, like many Phoebe Philo pieces, they probably ordered very small series to reduce the risk of unsold inventories... it's now totally forbidden in the EU to destroy unsold clothes...

I am sure Chloe still have a few outlets in Bicester Village or somewhere...

Quick question, is Madagascar good or bad? I have no idea. I assume it's a similar practice as Dior using Indians for embroideries, not sweatshop but not great pay?

I am sure Chloe still have a few outlets in Bicester Village or somewhere...

Quick question, is Madagascar good or bad? I have no idea. I assume it's a similar practice as Dior using Indians for embroideries, not sweatshop but not great pay?
Madagascar is good because they have a real savoir-faire (for a longtime) but it’s very artisanal in a way. Somehow similar to India even if in India, it’s really an industry.

But the huge advantage for those brands is the cost.

So no sweatshops but maybe with more brands choosing them instead of India, maybe they will be able to develop a real industry there…Even if for me, it represents more of a danger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->