Chloé Resort 2020 Shanghai

Armani

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
credit for all: vogue

credit for all: vogue

????????????

That's all I can really say about this collection. It has literally NOTHING to do with Chloé by Natacha and looks as if it had been designed by a completely different design team with totally different aesthetic that is almost H&M-like.

The clothes alone are so ugly (actually the colour palette is pretty disgusting and all over the place) and basic and the presentation itself wasn't that good so what's the point here?

This in a way is the perfect resort collection. You have all the staples of Chloe (blouse, shorts, transparency) but it’s super commercial for a fashion show.

It’s weird because it’s perfect and realistic for the brand and for the shops but I think it would have been perfect in a lookbook.

But since the suits of Richemont have to be in the fashion game and that Alaia due to their business model cannot play, Natacha has to do the job.

But I do feel like she was asked to go into a more commercial and accessible direction...

Yeah, I really don't get why they needed a show. A lookbook would have been just right for these commercial, store-ready clothes.

Yeah, I really don't get why they needed a show. A lookbook would have been just right for these commercial, store-ready clothes.
Richemont surely wanted to make more of a buzz in Asia. Look, between May and June, Armani, Chanel, Prada, Fendi presented shows and organized big events . They have to keep up...

I think that the environment doesn’t really serve the collection. The Chloe girl is still a bit precious...

This is a obvious PR brand. When I saw the first look I knew that I was about to see a very tamed collection.

In a way Im very happy that they are putting the money on her. Doing a resort collection show in a foreign location must be a sign that the things are doing well for the brand and I can only imagine the good things that are coming in the next decade, we need a brand like Chloe in a super heathy state to still being able to be a part of the fashion conversation. The upsetting part is that I lost the Natacha touch in most part the collection, this clothes are not special.

She is a smart girl, she knows that she had to do somethings for the suits and I totally respect that. I have the felling that in this particular collection her voice was muted by the circumstances. I really like and respect her and her work, so I think impossible to believe that Natacha, herself, the responsible for the this flat creative approach.

I have the feeling that in this particular collection her voice was muted by the circumstances.

So do I! I mean, they're showing in Shanghai. You know who else showed her men's line in Shanghai after her brand's dire financial situation was laid bare? I rest my case.

They're all chasing Chinese yuan. And a little campaign featuring a native celebrity will no longer cut it because the Chinese have caught onto their game and started exercising their spending power by being more assertive in what brands they'll buy, and what not. Who respects them, and who doesnt. Why buy into a brand with near zero presence in Shanghai when there are others with a more value-added and personalised approach?

At the presentation, you could see Natacha fake-smiling her way through it all while flanked by some of China's most popular style icons and power editors. That's the new fashion designer for you. Gone are the days when designers just had to concern themselves with the clothes and nothing more. They're all quasi suits slash PR execs nowadays. So obviously the next eventual step in that sort of ecosystem will be star designer.......in the vein of Olivier and Hedi.

We're doomed!

It's good that they are putting more money on her Chloe but it's bad that she has to compromise so much. This entire collection is straight from a lookbook. It's perfectly fine. But there's no real wow factor.

Probably my favourite Chloé collection by Natacha to date. It might not have that 'WOW' factor some people expect but I've never thought of her work in that sense because it's always been quite laidback with a few interesting touches here and there.

These are clothes that I can actually see people buying and wearing. I also love her use of colour.

Her Chloe lacks the "flou" aspect and the footwear is just atrocious but I will give her credit she at least experiments and is inventive unlike many other major designers who are just churning out the same sh!t every season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->