Christian Dior Joaillerie F/W 2021.22 : Elizabeth Debicki by David Sims

Gorgeous! This is exactly what Dior should look like! Elizabeth Debicki is perfect.

The new campaign featuring Elizabeth Debicki for the Dior Jewelry Line "La Rose Dior" by Victoire De Castellane. Photographer is not listed as of yet.

rose-dior-pre-catelan_1440_1200.jpeg
jbag94061_1440_1200.jpeg
jbag94057_1440_1200.jpeg
jrco95006-1_1440_1200.jpeg
jrco95002_1440_1200.jpeg
Dior.com/

if boring was an advertisement, here it is.

Agree that this is too plian for a brand like dior and dior should be full of joie de vivre, not that mimimalist approach here. I miss those days when dior joaillerie featuring anna de rijk if they want to cater to the youth.

Reactions: KoV
I guess it doesn’t help that I don’t like most of the pieces, but this is really the aesthetic they chose? It looks like an ad for skincare. Elizabeth is one of the most stunning women in film, and she brings natural elegance and glamour here in spades, but she’s not being helped by the boring clothes, the boring hair, the no-makeup look…. it’s just too simple.

Victoire has so much personality, her bijoux have personality and yet, all the campaigns ,except the one with Catherine McNeil, were a mess. Add this one to the mix.
Dior is so beige…That’s quite boring.

White background?
White table?
It makes her look washed out

Knowing Dior's standard for jewellery and beauty ads, this is disappointing. Looks like an ad for jewellery you'd find in a budget airline shopping magazine.

I must be in the minority, but I love the simplicity of this campaign. It reminds me of the Raquel Zimmerman advertisement by Steven Meisel, which was also superb. It is so refreshing to see a very refined campaign like this with a focus on Debicki's exquisite beauty and on the jewels.

raquel-zimmermann3-468x597.jpeg
Dior.com/

I like the sense of simplicity also, because when someone as beautiful and photogenic as Elizabeth Debicki is the subject - gimmicks and OTT beauty styling simply aren't necessary. The photographs feel very regal, elegant and classy... a much-welcomed sight after umpteen Cara Delevingne campaigns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tzn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->