Christopher Kane S/S 2021 London

^ I'm sure he'll survive the crisis with his More Joy merch, but this collection is just so bad. It feels insanely disconnected with his previous collections. Of course the silhouettes feel quite familiar, but the prints make everything heavy and dark.

My first thought when I saw the prints was Sterling Ruby for Raf's Dior, albeit this looks like a shoddy attempt at it.

I'm normally a staunch defender of Kane but this is just not great. Where's the playful sexiness that he does so well? I'd like to know what he was thinking when he came up with this collection. I'll blame COVID for this one.

he used to have so many gorgeous designs... the silhouettes are there but some of the looks... that whit shirt and skirt??? wtf! and the prints...
Pollock is crying somewhere.

This doesn't even look like it came from him. The photography, the pieces, everything.

That leather skirt is depressing.

Disgusting. In the last issue of Love there was an interview with him in which he talked about making art during quarantine. Prints look just like his paintings shown in magazine.

VOGUE.COM
He will almost certainly lose his base if he continues down this costume-y route. This collection looks like an art student decided to branch out into fashion for a moment but quickly realizes they have no idea as to what is going on so they show abstract work next to their clothing to distract from their poor execution. Just my opinion of course.

His last memorable collection was F/W 2014 (I’m still in awe of those 3D dresses that resemble book pages) after which he only offered one hot mess after another.

I actually like this! The framing of the collection is what's bad - drab poses, blindingly white set, but all the dresses would look great if it's styled without much else. I can picture Anna Wintour in some of the pencil dresses.

Presentation is garbage, but I think the collection isn't *that* bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkim991905
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->