Christopher Kane Mens

Flashbang

Mr. Magic
Reaction score

After the t-shirt line huge success, amongst both women and men worldwide, Christopher Kane launches a full menswear capsule collection

Leather tuxedos, biker jackets, shorts and silk cashmere digital printed sweaters are just some of Spring Summer's most wanted items.

Christopher Kane quoted about the menswear launch:
"I decided to launch menswear so I could wear my own designs, my friends were forever asking me to do t-shirts off the back of the womenswear show themes, so my first shot at it was with the monkey tees; they were so popular I decided to keep it going. So each season we sell men's tees alongside the mainline collection.

I find it difficult to find staples that I love, so I guess I am launching this so I can have a decent wardrobe!

The inspirations differ every time, but usually taking the lead from the womenswear. This collection is more than just t-shirts, I am offering cashmere styles, with some leather pieces. The mood for this collection was based on a film I had made for the Swarovski Fashion Rocks presentation. It's based on natural star constellations; they are so beautiful I couldn't resist using them."

Men's buyers and male private clients of the house were finally relieved not to wait any longer for a full Christopher Kane wardrobe as women already enjoy since few years.
vogue.it

im screaming right now in my class for this
i love the collection
that leather blazer looks amazing

ugh and that galactic cardigan!!!! and definite must have

the graphics on the t-shirts are amazing.

i'm really hoping this will help him have wider distribution.

No? I love the prints! Cuts are simple, but it would an overkill if there was some serious tailoring going on AND fabrics had these galactic prints on them. That wouldn't work.

I love it. this boy goes from strength to strength. Also love the comparison that kane and Gareth Pugh kinda came from the same class, and it almost mimmicks mcqueen and mccartney in the 90's and that they've both had huge success but one is modern and moderately conventional and the other is out there and total conceptual.

Not terrible in any way, but Kane isn't showing anything new whatsoever here. I get that they're staples, but if he really wants to branch out from just doing simple men's T-shirts, he's going to have to do more than just this.

This is such a cop out, imo. Hell, those photo prints were a cop out when he did them for women. A printed t shirt or cardigan is hardly more impressive than a printed shift dress.

I am absolutely in LOVE with the last 3 looks!! The graphic design is amazing! I seriously want that Sleeveless hoodies!!! <3

i mean men could have just bought the womens shirts
i know i did for the CK for Topshop

^ I agree but these ones are pretty good. I'd wear them
...though yeah, just release a t-shirts line and I guess that will attract both female and male customers. He did quite good with his gorilla t-shirts.

He could do a lot more with menswear, but this is a good start. Hopefully he'll get more creative and inspired. I need those leather shorts, now!

I love Kane, he's amazing. but there isnt exactly anything extraordinary here. I think most people are blinded by the nebula prints, which I agree to be very awesome. But I can just get my mother to make me these clothes if I wanted to.

Not the most creative stuff I've ever seen but I like the idea behind it. Moreover, I wouldn't be against getting the leather blazer, the tank top and the cardigan :ninja:

Ksubi did this like 3 years ago.....
I love the leather shorts though.

I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED FOR THIS.
I WANT EVERYTHING
OMG FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW.

i know people say it's not that extraordinary, but just the concept of picture prints and the omnipresence of it, though simple is AMAZING.

if anyone wants these shirts. i can download some prints off nasa.com and make them for you halfprice of what CK is asking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->