Clements Ribeiro : Going bust

its mainly sales but also investment, both due to the real bad economic situation in EU Helena..

Europe fashion industry has been hit
a-by the euro/dollar situation (we are too expensive to export it seems, EU fashion industry is nothing if it cannot export its goods)
b-by the made-in-china trend (too many people working in the industry are now left without jobs, mainly manufacturing houses & related industries closing down and on top of that China has problems delivering goods ending up in great delays on fw collections for a good number of fashion houses -most of them in Germany)
c-by economic uncertainity which leads directly to lower consumer consumption (when one needs to cut down expenses, fashion items are the first to be cut off the budget)

just a look at this week's EU stock exchanges shows how bad the situation is

worst of all, the trend seems to be having no end
there was a slight 'change of mood' with sighngs of optimism in spring but now we are back to hard times again

i can certainly agree with euro/dollar funk. it's slowed a lot of things down, if not halt them all together.

Lena said:
b-by the made-in-china trend (too many people working in the industry are now left without jobs, mainly manufacturing houses & related industries closing down and on top of that China has problems delivering goods ending up in great delays on fw collections for a good number of fashion houses -most of them in Germany)

Lena,

Did you mean made-in-China fabrics or clothes? I thought luxury brands' clothes are mostly made in Europe. (Been learning so much from you, thanks!)

I always thought I didn't like Clements Ribeiro, then I started going to their press showroom and using pieces in shoots. It changed my mind completely - there was so many beautiful pieces I wanted to keep after the shoot! (unfortunately, had to return :P )

I think they have a problem in that people view their collections as a bit Eniglish/twee/whimsical/studenty much like a more grown-up Antoni & Alison, so those with several hundred to spend would take it elsewhere.

I look forward to their return!

Oria said:
I really hope they can restructure and it's just a temporary thing. i have been admiring them again in the last 2 years.
I second that :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swfrank123
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->