Coach F/W 2015.16 by Steven Meisel

Lexi really looks phenomenal in these images. I generally like the casting, particularly Kayla and Fei Fei but could do without Damaris/Mica; don't understand why Meisel/Templer couldn't go for Lineisy or Aya.

Fei Fei & Maartje stand out here.

To me this is more Coach than the trying the be cool feel of the previous campaigns.

The color portraits are so nice. It's nothing groundbreaking, but this is Coach... Girls look amazing, so do the clothes. And the overall feeling is so warm, calm, serene and classy. I sort of love it.

The composition doesn't feel pretentious... Well done.

Fei Fei looks sublime, Lexi and Maartje as well. It's all so effortless. I honestly couldve done without Mica. Her single shot looks like something I've seen countless times in French Vogue.

Maartje's shot is sublime. I wish she got more shots than Lexi.

Maartje's and Fei Fei's shots are breathtaking.

HQs:

Lady Gaga's Miss Asia Kinney

Ariana Grande's Toulouse

Miranda Kerr's Frankie

Vogue Italia

I really feel like they should have gone with the celebrity dogs only. You need to pick a lane. I hate that brands today shoot in every direction, making like two or three ads every season. Yes, it's hard to choose just one thing in today's hyper-society, but it's your job as creative professionals to do exactly that.

I really feel like they should have gone with the celebrity dogs only. You need to pick a lane. I hate that brands today shoot in every direction, making like two or three ads every season. Yes, it's hard to choose just one thing in today's hyper-society, but it's your job as creative professionals to do exactly that.

But how will Miranda Kerr's Frankie, as adorable as he/she may be, sell those booties to my sister? :lol:
On a serious note, I do get what you mean. This lack of consistency we've been seeing lately is proof to me that brands are clearly still testing the waters. And they're way too obsessed with what the rivals are doing. Nobody seems to have a defined idea of what works for their specific brand, or how to court new consumers. So that's why we are inundated with all these experiments! Of course, flip the coin and you get Michael Kors, who, season after season, just recycles the same concept.

I actually thought the direction Coach took two seasons ago was perfect. But then they started doing a separate campaign for a sub-line with celebrities photographed just like the models. That, I dont quite get.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misterdior
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->