Comme des Garçons S/S 10 Paris

be still my heart....so many lovely jackets and
the harness pieces are great. :wub:

scott
, i hear you on the nostalgic feeling--
there is also a kind of nostalgia (unintentional, i'm sure)
in the reminders here of her older collections. :heart:

:heart:

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE those prints!!! ...Just beautiful :crush::crush:

vogue.co.uk

This is easily my favorite collection of S/S 10. I can't stop looking at it. :wub:

It's truly amazing after several decades in the business and at her current age, she still manages to maintain such a high level of creativity and turn outs all these stunning collections season after season (Just look at what Giorgio Armani has been showing on the runway the last five years). She is absolutely a genius, there's certainly the least doubt about it.

The beauty of Comme Des Garcons is the familiar trace of various examples of previous collections....presented in her most recent collection.

Many of the leather pieces, such as the shoulder harness...could hark-back to her collection where many of the pieces were made of leather and neo-prene...and stitched like you would find on a baseball glove.

The see through and sheer pieces hark back to her "Broken Bride" collection, and also her Fall collection for 2009 (the models have pink cocoon-like hair).

The jackets of this collection look like her black and white "soccer-ball" constructed collection, but they have now found plenty of print and color.

And as I stated in a previous post...the spandex bicycle-shorts could be derived from her collaboration with the Speedo company.

The more I look some of the patchwork jackets are absolutely amazing. I am all about simplicity and having a few really stand out pieces and I could definitely see myself wearing a lot of the jackets in this collection... plus i kinda want pink hair now!

I'm not a massive fan of this. Too busy for my liking. I like the rolled up trousers but i don't really like the jackets. xx

some of the jackets aren't lined :smile: you can see all the construction inside. it's quite coarse... the fabric they put inside. not really nice on the skin, but with the voluminous shape it probably doesn't matter...

Overall I like this. It starts off kind of weak and jumbled but I like the later pieces quite a bit. But from a fashion student's perspective, I don't really understand garments such as this: http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z59/inaya404/SS10/paris/CdG/19.jpg

Given the CdG resourcefulness and assuming that their sample sewers are really good at their job, I'm trying to figure out if those puckers are on purpose or not... They look pretty bad but maybe I'm wrong?
i've done this before with some thin fabric but you can press it out. so perhaps they deliberately left it out for the show, to keep the look very raw. it matches with everything else, the hair and the frayed unfinished edges on the rest of the fabric. nice in tatters

So gorgeous!!!!!After a breathtaking FW show, I'm glad she's lived up to my ridiculously high expectation

i really like this. it's pretty toned down compared to other seasons, but it's still interesting/exciting.

Though I personally lean to more ethereal choices rather than "quirky" when it comes to the hair and make-up combo, I have to say I love this. Assymetry always seems to take much more effort, and Rei is the queen. I would like to trip inside her head.

I couldn't resist buying the polka dot short skirt and wore it to death all summer long. I'm planning wearing it too at least during Autumn. ^_^

i like some of the dresses but not really the pants/leggings . the hair is kinda weird for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->