Comme Des Garcons S/S 05 Paris

i was just thinking about it helena...now you understand why it made such an impression on me...

it's really elegant and beautiful and special...without being freakish or weird...

and it works both ways...depending on the ocassion... :heart:
i know i'd have it for years and would definitely wear it...
maybe i'll buy it in london at the dover st market...

still contemplating...japan would be the ideal...then there would be no question... :innocent:
plus then i'd have to buy a bunch more stuff as well... :lol: :lol:

it's really elegant and beautiful and special...without being freakish or weird...

and it works both ways...depending on the ocassion... :heart:
i know i'd have it for years and would definitely wear it...
maybe i'll buy it in london at the dover st market...

yes I totally agree. I was surprised at how freaky it wasn't! I was thinking that it will be unlikely that its still around at sale time. I think if you can afford it then you should get it. Its the price of two 'it' bags - but so much more special than any of that kind of mass produced crap. Have you seen the new tiny Balenciaga bags that are still about £500 and just look ridiculous? :sick:

^^you mean the balenciaga evening bags?...i don't know... i wouldn't spend that money ...but i'd use that bag...i think it's funny... :P ...if someone gave it to me or lent it to me only though...

and remember...i don't buy IT bags...i'm even going off the red lv that i loved so much because it's way too popular and i am very suspicious of what trendy hollywood teen i will see wearing it... :ninja:

but how gorgeous would that skirt be with the necklace i just bought???...
i think it's just a matter of time before i succumb... :lol:

no I meant the mini Lariat bags - I don't think i've seen the evening bags. I know you aren't an IT bag girl! what I meant was that lots of girls buy those bags so readily but they'd think it was wierd to spend a heap of money on a skirt. Well the girls I know are like that.

I think the skirt would look amazing with your necklace. really great. I'd be wanting to steal them from you! If I ever visit NYC you'd better check my bags before I leave or I'll be off with half your wrdrobe given half a chance!!!

The clock is ticking, Softie, what's the verdict? Or do you need someone to help you decide, say if you go back to CDG store during lunch time?! :P

my eye is on europe right now...i'll deal with cdg when i get back if it's still there... :wink: :flower:

it really will depend on what i buy while i'm overseas...

Originally posted by softgrey@Oct 11 2004, 11:55 AM
my eye is on europe right now...i'll deal with cdg when i get back if it's still there... :wink: :flower:

it really will depend on what i buy while i'm overseas...
[snapback]393710[/snapback]​

ah, well then, somehow I predict that that skirt will go someone else :lol:

Originally posted by faust@Oct 11 2004, 12:08 PM
ah, well then, somehow I predict that that skirt will go someone else :lol:
[snapback]393728[/snapback]​

honestly...now that runner has told me about the huge price difference...i'd really rather wait to see if that trip to japan comes through...how annoying would it be to buy the skirt and then wind up going to japan where i could have gotten it for so much less... think what else i could buy with the $800 i'd save... :brows: :woot:

Originally posted by softgrey@Oct 11 2004, 08:32 PM
think what else i could buy with the $800 i'd save... :brows: :woot:
[snapback]394227[/snapback]​

Ann Demeulemeester leather leggins...

Originally posted by softgrey@Oct 11 2004, 08:32 PM
think what else i could buy with the $800 i'd save... :brows: :woot:
[snapback]394227[/snapback]​
:o I wish I had $800 to spend on a single piece right now...

i saw an old madonna movie from the 80's...look at what she was wearing...i KNEW i had seen this look somewhere before...
so funny...who's that girl?... :woot: :innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
does anyone know what this collection will look like in the shops?

it's so blatant!!!.. :lol:
even the hats look like madonna's bleached out hair...

:woot: ^_^ :innocent:

brian...i have no reason to believe that the collection will look any different in-store...
rei isn't like galliano...it's not about the show..remember when she did the humps and lumps?...they were all in the store...and this last 'witch' collection was pretty out there...but it was item for item in the store...

maybe there will just be some additional knits to flesh out the collection...but i think what you see is what you get with rei...at least...it usually has been... :flower:

are they in stores already wyatt?...

softgrey said:
brian...i have no reason to believe that the collection will look any different in-store...
rei isn't like galliano...it's not about the show..remember when she did the humps and lumps?...they were all in the store...and this last 'witch' collection was pretty out there...but it was item for item in the store...

maybe there will just be some additional knits to flesh out the collection...but i think what you see is what you get with rei...at least...it usually has been... :flower:
thank you :flower:
i'll be buying one of those hats now :lol:

After having some time to soak it all in....

I love it. Not as wearable as the witches collection but definately some veeeeerrry strong and orginal pieces. To me that is what counts. Not the best of CDG but commendable.

Biker jkt is def. a 80s thing, as well as leggins (and Madonna:-).

But the collection is not very 80s, no? Maybe because of the shape of the jkts or the huge stitching?

Thanks Softgrey for bringing Madonna back to "light":-) She was like such a fresh air in the 80s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xvtvi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->