Companies that don't test on animals

• Thread starter Deleted member 36123
  • Start date
There are a lot. I make sure to only use cruelty free products. Here are some of the prodcuts I use that I know are cruelty free.
Smashbox
m.a.c.
Clinique
Avon
Aveda
Too Faced
St. Ives
Tutti Dolce
Revlon
All Victoria's Secret & Bath & Body works Products (limited brands)
The body shop
Bobbi Brown
Estee Lauder
Kiehl's
Urban Decay
Paul Mitchel & John Paul Pet products
Burt's bees
hard candy
Queen Helene

Most high end cosmetic companies do not test their products on animals. I really don't know of any that are known for doing so, but don't just go by what I say because I havn't fully researched that. The companies that I did hear test on animals, are the drug store brands such as maybelline, max factor, cover girl, olay, products that are under proctor and gamble, wich unfortunately, is a lot!! Though Aussie products never tested on animals, they are now owned by P&G, so I don't know.

And I know when an item says "the final product not tested on animals" that may mean that ingredients in the product were tested on animals, so you have to be careful if this is something that concerns you when buying beauty products!

great thread guys, this is very helpful for me personally. i feel i can actually make a difference..

by the by, does Chanel test on animal? please, someone say no....:cry:

^^^Tatika from what I hear ...I think they do...well at least their makeup has animal blubber in it. (this is pure speculation on my part).

There's an updated list of companies that test and don't test on animals, at www.caringconsumer.com :wink:

And man, IMO it's very important to boycott companies that test on animals, more than we can fathom.
Take a look at THIS! :cry: :cry:

OMG Brazilian Girl. i had ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA that these poor helpless animals were being treated this way!!!! i honest to god wasnt able to finish watching the video, i was crying. Guys i think i just made a decision to become a vegetarian and an animal rights activist.....i didnt know that animal cruelty was LITERALLY animal cruelty....im speachless

^ I know :cry:
I didn't know either, until I became a vegan. What scares me is how these people are cold to do these things. I don't even watch these videos, to be honest. I can barely read the articles. It's too sad. But it motivates me to go on with my principles.

I know this is a very old thread but I really wanted to write something. I feel very confused I don't really know which brands to trust. Because according to this link below many of the brands listed in # 21 test on animals. Many of my favourite beauty brands are sadly on the animal testing list.
http://www.paulaschoice.com/beautypedia-product-reviews/animal-testing/

I can understand why you are suspiciouis and confused- the world of cosmetics and comodities is often cruel. I'd say dont feel sad that your beloved products arent cruelty free, but look at it as an opportunity to discover new amazing brands that are cruelty free.

I'd say start at leapingbunny.org. they have a large database of companies that have been certified cruelty free as well as companies that are cruelty free but owned by a parent company who is not- ie burts bees and tom's of maine are cruelty free brands owned by colgate-palmolive.. (i stay away from peta's website just because i'm leary of their beliefs, practices and campaign tactics/style).

Id also suggest Vitacost.com...they have an awesome feature where you type "leaping bunny" before what ever it is you're searching for.. (ie leaping bunny toothpaste) and a list of cruelty free toothpastes will be listed for you.

Also check out Etsy.com and Artfire.com...these are indie business' who often dont source raw materials from cruel brands and dont test either. They are usually proud and post their status all over their homepage and on each product's listing.

Also, if you dont know about the cruelty free statsus of a company..just email them. let them know if they test, if they follow 3rt party testing practices, if they source their raw materials from a cruel brand.

As a rule of thumb, i would also stick with the more simpler, natural products..they usually (but not always) have a cruelty free status.

Also, facebook and youtube are really good resources for discovering cruelty free replacements.. i'd just be leary of the knowledge and research that goes behind some of these peoples posts/ytvideos as alot of them arent aware due to insufficient research. Just take everything with a grainof salt and always do your research.

Lastly, enjoy the search for awesome products! i can honestly say that i have been able to find a replacement for every single thing i ever threw away! and i love the products i use infinately more! This comes from a person who has been cruelty free/natural/vegan for about 8 years now (if you look a few posts above you can see my post from 2006 when i decided to change my purchasing habits :smile: )

And remember, for companies, the most powerful voice is your dollar- so let them know that you are NOT ok with this by not purchasing from them and sending them strongly worded emails!

Private msg. me if you need more help/guidance/just to chit chat :smile:

Billions of thanks Tatika! Really great advice. I want to follow all of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loquillinben
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->