Concept Store,park-vienna

Scott

Stitch:the Hand
Reaction score
Not sure if this belongs here or in Shopping...

New shop for anyone who happens to be visiting Vienna anytime soon. Recently opened and owned by ex-Antwerp Academy student,Markus Strasser(who also teaches at the design school there). The stock includes many names of Belgians such as Branquinho,Christian Wijnants,Bernhard Willhelm,Stephan Schneider and Raf Simons. An international array such as Ann-Sofie Back,Sophia Kokosalaki,Hussein Chalayan,German concept-label BLESS :heart:. Hometown heroes,Wendy & Jim and Fabrics Interseason & rising talents,Claudia Rosa Lukas and Hartmann Nordenholz.

Here's a link to a few photos:

http://kurier.at/kult/kultpics/555202.php

Bookmarked, thanks Scott.

Sugo, make a note of this, since you'll be in Vienna...

Me too,Igni. Its quite an ecelectic and mind you,a very well balanced mix. Its nice to see such an international feel without seeming strayed from the atmosphere of the shop. They also are carrying mags,books and furniture. I suppose that's kind of why its called 'concept'? Not sure,but sounds an absolute delight. Vienna version of Colette or Corso Como,hm?

sounds like a cool store...maybe sugo can give us a report... :flower:
since i don't think i'll be in vienna anytime soon... :P

Originally posted by Scott@Mar 30th, 2004 - 12:33 pm
Me too,Igni. Its quite an ecelectic and mind you,a very well balanced mix. Its nice to see such an international feel without seeming strayed from the atmosphere of the shop. They also are carrying mags,books and furniture. I suppose that's kind of why its called 'concept'? Not sure,but sounds an absolute delight. Vienna version of Colette or Corso Como,hm?
Vienna needs it, too. It's very bourgeouis - some funk and flair is due!!! Gorgeous city, though. I miss it. Mmm, coffee and chocolate cake... ok, enough... :doh:

I lvoe the presendation, very creative stuff as well. :heart:

Is it me,though,or has Vienna become the Antwerp of Y2K? It's a very familiar scenario since all anyone really thought of about Anvers was chocolates,frites,mussels and Rubens whilst Vienna was all of about waltzes,pastries and the Alps. However,the freedom of expression isn't exactly as supported as in Antwerp since most of the funding for the school is controlled by the government(as someone has indicated to me before)which rarely gets seen at all. Despite that,there has been a real surgence of talents showing in Paris these days....which is really nice to see.

Originally posted by Scott@Mar 30th, 2004 - 9:16 pm
Is it me,though,or has Vienna become the Antwerp of Y2K? It's a very familiar scenario since all anyone really thought of about Anvers was chocolates,frites,mussels and Rubens whilst Vienna was all of about waltzes,pastries and the Alps. However,the freedom of expression isn't exactly as supported as in Antwerp since most of the funding for the school is controlled by the government(as someone has indicated to me before)which rarely gets seen at all. Despite that,there has been a real surgence of talents showing in Paris these days....which is really nice to see.
While I am not familiar with the creations of Austrians (except of course you know who), the atmosphere there is very conductive for explosion that Antwerp enjoyed. It's very bourgeous, like I said, sort of reserved, which in turn usually produces a great rebellious, independent feeling in the new generation. Coupled with the great attention to Quality that Austrians are used to, the mix is definitely conductive to some creative, fresh, quality fashion. They have the great HL to look up too, as well as the likes of Raf who visit for lectures at the fashion school in Vienna (don't remember the name).

Anyway, drop some names, I'd like to become more familiar with Austrians. I noted the ones you posted originally.

Here's a few links to those mentioned:

http://www.lukas-by.com (Claudia Lukas)

http://www.hartmannnordenholz.com

http://www.fabrics.at (Fabrics Interseason)

Wendy & Jim,unfortunately,hasn't got a web site but firstview has a good viewing of their collections on hand. They too are quite good...in fact,getting better with each season.

I will say this though,all are eclectic and distinct in their own vision,but much like the Belgians(with their romantic and voluminous provocations),they share a vein in common with a certain utilitarian(like Lang) or uniform style. But there are subtle hints of romanticism in their work however---its not too rigid or cold;unlike the way I feel sometimes when looking at HL collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->