Courrèges F/W 2024.25 Paris

The front pocket must be the worst idea of Di Felice's tenure at Courrèges. I applaud that they're moving forward and actually the revenue is insane at the brand now, but I don't think they have to come out with something that, from their perspective, is so innovative every season, especially when it's not an appealing idea, like the pocket.

The front pocket must be the worst idea of Di Felice's tenure at Courrèges. I applaud that they're moving forward and actually the revenue is insane at the brand now, but I don't think they have to come out with something that, from their perspective, is so innovative every season, especially when it's not an appealing idea, like the pocket.
According to WWD, their's annual revenue doubled in 2023 and they're planning on opening ten DTC locations this year. The CEO seems down-to-earth and flexible. Pinault also seems to be very hands-off, which, when seeing the mess of Kering, seems to be the key to its sucess.

I like that he brought back some of the design elements from his previous collections (mostly SS22, FW22, FW23) and merged them into this one. A nice acknowledgement of the 3rd anniversary of his debut. The pocket is questionable, but it doesn't feel as gross reiterated on the women. I do reward him for not sitting on his laurels though. That must be Ghesquière's influence.

The soundtrack slapped and the casting slayed as always.

Last edited:
Not a fan of that pocket, but I enjoyed the clean and dream-like quality of the show and some of the clothes. What was pretty, was pretty. I have really enjoyed Courregès in the last couple of years.

I really liked the storytelling with this one.

A woman (possibly married or extremely discreet) going out at night covered up and unrecognizable to hook up or attend some kind of group hoo-ha. As she arrives she is slowly layering down and then the rest is…:brows:

Always a pleasure to see how this brand is evolving and personally I’m not mad at the pockets, I just hope there’s a mens option for both the front AND THE BACK!

I’m rooting for everybody coming from Nicolas’s studio!

This was a good collection! And slowly, we are moving away from the Courrèges expected language into something more and more personal!
I’m a bit frustrated by the crouch pocket because it distract from the pieces, the inventivity in the cuts, the details. You look at a photo, you concentrate on that hand instead of looking at the whole look.

This felt very Helmut Lang-ish to me…Particularly spring 2001 with the dresses. I also saw something in the take on transparence and cut. If anyone plans to buy Helmut Lang, I would rather direct them to Courreges.

Nicolas is a talent and he is delivering!

Chat Gpt fashion :
"Make super a cold-clinical-minimalist collection". Here is the result.
You don't feel any poetry, work of the hand, nuances, craft.
Everything is so stiff, predictable, déjà-vu, lifeless, colorless.

I wouldn't compare this Helmut Lang in the sense of Lang's pieces had some delicacy, fragility, they became a second skin without trying hard.
This is a masterclass of try-hard fashion : stupid gesture, dated oversized cuts, "cool" styling.

I'll pass.

I usually enjoy his Courrèges very much! But this one was not it for me.

I love that they always do good basics with an edge but the p*ssy pocket was not edgy for me: it looked more like trying to get viral on Insta which I think they can achieve naturally without forcing.

Some looks are great though and the dresses are very flattering on the models' body. Mona looked stunning!

I also love and root for him! The pocket is distracting indeed but I love how sexy and easy the collection feels. It's just easygoing and cool.

Ooh, I quite enjoyed this. It's very sleek and sexy and confident, which hasn't really been a part of this season's conversation anywhere. I appreciate the experimentation with the upside-down, inside-out, left-to-right construction, especially when it's more subtle like in some of those dresses towards the middle with those chest-to-hem folds (?). And for some reason, the full package and presentation gave me slight Jacquemus circa La Bomba/Le Souk vibes, albeit sharper and starker - and I mean that as a compliment! Maybe it's the approach to accessories, the muah or the cast...either way, I like it.

I’m continue to root for him as I’ve enjoyed a lot his collections so far. This one, however, impressed me slightly less.
That said, I do think there’s talent there and I’m curious to see his development.

Its a very sleek show, this is definitely a brand which is going to explode in popularity , they just need better bags , more color, and perfumes. Has much more mojo than Ferragamo

I love that I can actually afford this brand and it’s often on sale. I always feel cool wearing courreges
I have a question about the quality: How are the fabrics, construction and finishings? And how does it compared to other similarly priced brands?
Its a very sleek show, this is definitely a brand which is going to explode in popularity , they just need better bags , more color, and perfumes. Has much more mojo than Ferragamo
They do have perfumes, but they don't promote them much. It would be smart for them to gradually reissue their achival perfumes like "In Blue".

It´s a very relaxed and wearable version of Courrèges, it does not feel like retro-cosplaying the 60s space-age...but the problem is he gave all the focus to that stupid pocket, when the focus should have been on the rest of the clothes.
I like the two opening trench coats, they feel like a interpretation of a basic garment through Courrèges lenses.

The whole pocket thing is a bit silly. To put that much attention on something we've already seen from them is bit of a waste. Besides that, there's some great looks and pieces in here that are more relaxed and transitional in the wardrobe.

I sometimes find Felice's Courreges to be a touch too fixed in on itself to really be looked at outside of it's styling which lends itself to an even colder presentation as it can come across as a very aloof and rigid offering. So it is good to see him loosening up, shame about the pocket being his way of doing that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulmarcus33
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->