Courrèges S/S 2024 Paris

The fact that a contemporary brand is putting to shame 90% of the industry is... interesting. This season, Courrèges is not overpacked with too many ideas, it's very focused and sharply clean. I can see many strong pieces and silhouettes, but above all, I can still see Di Felice's will to explore the brand and push it further. It's just a fantastic show.

probably unpopular opinion but I thoroughly enjoyed this show. those are cool wearable clothes both for spring and summer season. cool younger girls will want to buy it for sure. ravers who also live by daylight as well because it's not limited. It feels less heavy which I appreciate specially for summer!

I would love to see male looks in this collection in motion as well (not only in pictures as they're currently doing) a bit more colors, fluidity and offer to an older public.

at first I thought the runway was too white for the shoes but then I noticed that it was being intentionally broken and damaged. it gave me the feeling that everything is temporary and still you have to be strong and confident and keep going!

loved that they put all the models and teams names on the shows credits right when the live streaming ended.

I don't think it is an unpopular opinion, it's very pleasant to watch and they are indeed very cool wearable clothes, with a clean sharp edge and direction. Almost everything that fashion should be about.
Jacquemus should learn a thing or two from Di Felice.
And the bags are cute...

what a fantastic collection. loved it!
sharp lines, feminine silhouettes, original use of cut (maybe Courrèges archive as I’m not so deep with it).

overall, super clean and sensual too. well done.

there are some great looks, as usual, but the presentation format is getting very tired now. i found it really boring to watch. he should switch it up a bit.

Like his previous collections, I've really enjoyed this collection. Considering Courrèges' link to Balenciaga (and Di Felice's similar link to Ghesquière) was really cool to see him reinterpret early/mid 00s Balenciaga with the multiple zips, biker jackets, the deconstructed flippy skirts and flared pants, but through his gaze.

The staging (La Model En Images) was phenomenal as always with the "white box" concept becoming a stone(?) floor that cracked under the models' heels. The soundtrack (Sene) and the casting (Piergiorgo Del Moro) was on point too.

Seeing that his contract will probably be renewed, I'd like to see him present his menswear collections in motion. A co-ed showcase would suffice, since his menswear is strong enough to stand next to the womenswear. Seeing him mess around with colour and flou would be interesting too, considering that Courrèges is very stark and tailleur based.

there are some great looks, as usual, but the presentation format is getting very tired now. i found it really boring to watch. he should switch it up a bit.
I quite like the "boring" presentation. It's refreshing next to the lurid pink and yellow at Dior, the marble slabs at Saint Laurent and whatever fuckeries Balenciaga, Loewe and Mugler have up their sleeves.

Very into this collection! If I were a woman, I'd love to wear many pieces... In the beginning I felt they were a bit juvenile (not in a bad way, though), but Anne Catherine and Natasa were able to prove me wrong.

His design language is very interesting and I love seeing him grow! Good for Di Felice!

I just can't with those "sexy tech" designers, Di Felice, Coperni, Dion Lee, Peter Do...their fashion is too clinical and in control. Their clothes look like what actors would be wearing in a Black Mirror episode for a plot happening in 2040. A lot of black and white, minimal cuts, hardware elements disrupting the fabrics, technical finishings.

It's well executed, yes, but it's too precise and neat. It feels unauthentic and designed by AI. Where is the poetry ? The "human" touch ? Not in this collection.

The fact that a contemporary brand is putting to shame 90% of the industry is... interesting. This season, Courrèges is not overpacked with too many ideas, it's very focused and sharply clean. I can see many strong pieces and silhouettes, but above all, I can still see Di Felice's will to explore the brand and push it further. It's just a fantastic show.

Are they considered contemporary?

some of their pricing is extremely aggressive with shirts at $1200-1500usd. That’s up there with Dior and other luxury brands.

Boots at $1250 seems quite steep

I try to get into it but I find the design does not match the “value”. Quite boring and clinical.

This collection does not move me. Some trendy details here and there but it’s gimmicky

A very strong and focused show.
I think he is clever in building his collections on one particular detail to make them potent! There’s a sense of honesty between the clothes he makes, the people he is dressing and himself that I really like.
It’s very now so it’s difficult to see how it will evolve but it’s still good.

some of their pricing is extremely aggressive with shirts at $1200-1500usd. That’s up there with Dior and other luxury brands.

I try to get into it but I find the design does not match the “value”. Quite boring and clinical.

This collection does not move me. Some trendy details here and there but it’s gimmicky

It’s still contemporary.
99% of their offering is below 1000€ and that’s one of the reason of the success of the brand in a way…It’s the same with Paco Rabanne.

But overtime they will eventually propose more special « runway » pieces that will allow them to reach other segment.

I think the most expensive piece I’ve seen from them was 3500€.

Even a brand like Ami has raised their prices a bit. Even Jacquemus (that remain a mystery)!

I just can't with those "sexy tech" designers, Di Felice, Coperni, Dion Lee, Peter Do...their fashion is too clinical and in control. Their clothes look like what actors would be wearing in a Black Mirror episode for a plot happening in 2040.

But that's the point of Courrèges, isn't it? It was founded on the principles of the Space Age, so they're just referencing the DNA of the brand now.

It’s still contemporary.
99% of their offering is below 1000€ and that’s one of the reason of the success of the brand in a way…It’s the same with Paco Rabanne.

But overtime they will eventually propose more special « runway » pieces that will allow them to reach other segment.

I think the most expensive piece I’ve seen from them was 3500€.

Even a brand like Ami has raised their prices a bit. Even Jacquemus (that remain a mystery)!
If I "analyse" the price range of their PF'23 and FW'23 collections, Courrèges seems to straddle both the contemporary and designer markets:
• the core of their ready-to-wear offering sits in the mid/upper hundreds, averaging at around €500 to €800
• basics sit at around €100 to €300
• outerwear and leather pieces sit in the low thousands, ranging from €1'000 to €2'500, those weird arm-slit coats from their FW'23 show will probably be a bit more expensive at around €2'000 to €4'000
• menswear seems to have the same pricing strategy as the womenswear
• the core of their bag offering averages at €500 to €800, with the "One Bag" at around €900
• the core of their shoe offering sits at the same range as their bags, with only their vinyl thigh-high boots exceeding €1'000, their sneakers sit at around €400

Next to Rabanne:
Rabanne sits a bit higher than Courrèges', which feels reasonable considering that Dossena's Rabanne is much more decorative than Di Felice's Courrèges. The two are like the two sides of the figurative Ghesquière coin.
Next to Ami:
The ready-to-wear is sit at similar price points, but Ami's leather goods sit significantly higher than Courrèges'. The cut of Ami's clothes are simpler, but their production is European based.
Next to Jacquemus:
The two brands target the same market, but Jacquemus recently had a noticeable price increase for the release of their FW'22 collection, which was probably done to offset the cost of having Betak carve out the Salin de Giraud into a walkable space (which he failed at doing since Mica Argañaraz fell twice before throwing off her shoes).

I swear I have seen some looks here in old Paco Rabanne RTW collections...

Its reminding me of Christina Aguilera's "Dirty" video from 2002. I just cannot tolerate low rise jeans again , they were atrocious then and they are now.

This is one of my favourite collections so far. Everything looks so effortless and the accessories are good. The first half was a bit lukewarm but the second half really picked the pace. I need one of those little “vase” necklaces!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RudaZuza2005
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->