Couture Models

Lil_Flip246

Reaction score
WhaT'S THE differenc between Haute Couture and Couture? Can you name some famous models who have modeled it?

Haute Couture is basically HIGH FASHION. I believe there are two runway fashions. Haute Couture and Ready To Wear. Ready to wear is the stuff you see Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie with on a daily basis, Haute Couture is stuff people wouldnt wear out. That EXTREME stuff.

Current official Haute Couture houses
  • Giorgio Armani Prive is also shown during the couture shows, but has not yet been officially designated as such. Source: Wikipedia... So that means whoever modeled for the likes of Chanel and Christian Dior are couture models? I was also wondering..Who designed the couture Nicoel Linkletter modeled in ELLE Magazine?

gvaw981.jpg

Haute Couture. Haute Couture is hardly EVER worn. Its simply the creators creativity with different fabrics.

Couture is just PLAIN fashion.

Lil_Flip246 said:
Can you please name a bunch of Couture models? Thanks.

Gemma, Daria, all of the girls. REGULAR models. Those models do regular couture and haute couture.

PROOF they are regular models.

Lily Cole at Dior Couture show.
00070m.jpg

Lily at a Lacroix (Ready to wear)
00170m.jpg

from style

Makeupjunkie is right, there are no "special" models for couture. Couture models are the same models you would see during fashion week, except during couture fashion week.

The only difference is usually the shorter girls are left out of it minus Luca Gadjus who seems to do it more than the other short girls. The designs are much more elaborate and intricate, thus needing the height of the taller girls.

Design houses like Chanel and Christian Dior run both Haute Couture lines, and ready to wear lines.
Regular ready to wear Chanel is not the same as Haute Couture Chanel.

00460m.jpg

style.com

this thread from our Designers & Collections forum will help and allow for further discussion

"The difference between Ready To Wear and Haute Couture"
http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/f60/difference-between-rtw-couture-33344.html?highlight=couture

Last edited by a moderator:
Lil_Flip246 said:
How come you said couture and haute couture? What's the difference?
They are pretty much the same thing. Go to that thread- they discuss it there.

I still dont understand. Can you please define it briefly? A couture model is...A haute couture models is..

Lil_Flip246 said:
I still dont understand. Can you please define it briefly? A couture model is...A haute couture models is..

:shock:

Lil_Flip246 said:
Couture is the same as Haute Couture.

Couture models are the same as regular runway models.

Not all models do couture because the designers usually want the taller girls to do Haute Couture BUT there are no "special" models that only work for couture.

The fashion houses that do couture are the ones you posted above earlier.

Couture fashion week and runway shows occur at different times than the regular runway shows.

Couture fashion week is usually in January and (July/june)? (unsure).

Regular fashion week is in February and September.

Design houses can have both Haute Couture fashion shows/collection and Ready To wear(regular) runway shows but not all have both.

The clothes at Haute Couture shows are different from the Ready To Wear Runway.

:wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone please explain it briefly. I was asking for the definition briefly not the show. Thanks. :smile:

Lil_Flip246 said:
Can someone please explain it briefly. I was asking for the definition briefly not the show. Thanks. :smile:
I dont understand what you are looking for?

You asked what the a Haute Couture model and a Couture model is.

They are the same models. And the same models that model everything else in fashion.

:unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->