Lil_Flip246 said:
Then why is one haute?
Why is the sky blue?

Sometimes things have two names.

Example:
Handbag and Purse. Same thing. Different names,

Lil_Flip246 said:
Then why is one haute?

Haute is French for high. English-speaking people have a tendancy to leave haute out sometimes. So when you read the word couture in reference to models and fashion shows, it's the same as haute couture. I don't know how else to put it...think of it as fashion slang. :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think that it has been mentioned it before, but a couture model usually has to be an actual 5'9, which eliminates quite a few girls :innocent:
However, very popular short models like Kate and Devon do a few couture shows.

:shock: :lol:

I can slightly understand the confustion though. The term "couture" is now often applied to things that don't really fit the haute couture bill.

KhaoticKharma said:
I don't think that it has been mentioned it before, but a couture model usually has to be an actual 5'9, which eliminates quite a few girls :innocent:
However, very popular short models like Kate and Devon do a few couture shows.

Yep thats right, its rarer to see the shorter girls doing couture because the gowns are usually larger...

00580m.jpg
00300m.jpg

style.com

i know that yasmin, hana, mariacarla were or are big couture models...i can only think of these three right now, jade parfitt...

Lil_Flip246 said:
I still dont understand. Can you please define it briefly? A couture model is...A haute couture models is..

dear lord....:shock:

models aren't separated into 2 categories like you do hot potatoes and cold potatoes.

a model can do both.

however, haute coture models usually have more extreme features- accentuating the elaborate coture gowns.

and coture= haute coture. The difference is that one has the "haute" dropped.

ready-to-wear is the normal stuff which will retail in shops eventually. Haute coture is made to measure for the individual (lucky+v rich) buyer. Not sold in shops.

MakeUpJunkie said:
What arent you understanding? THEY ARE THE SAME THING!!!

:lol: i was about to say the same thing in my gruffest growliest voice. GRRRRR!

no offence meant to whoever started the thread..:flower:

Lil_Flip246 said:
Thanks Shanalucas!! It Explained Everything!!

You're most welcome -- and I certainly hope my small contribution helped. yourbestfriend explained everything best but I figured I'd better clarify why people often leave haute out as nervous breakdowns were about to occur here at tFS.:lol:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears you are fairly new to the world of fashion and I can understand how some terms can get confusing. Sometimes if might be best to just try private messaging someone for additional clarification.:flower:

^that's a bad place to study fashion :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->