Crash F/W 08.09 : Taylor Momsen by Franck Perrin

I'm not familiar with Crash but it looks like a cheap magazine trying to be edgy and high fashion

I'm not familiar with Crash but it looks like a cheap magazine trying to be edgy and high fashion

Crash does exist for a long time now.
It has be founded by Franck Perrin and Armelle Leturcq.
They belong to the young french art critics 90s scene (along with Eric Troncy and Nicolas Bourriaud / Documents sur l'art; Olivier Zahm and Elein Fleiss / Purple ....) Their previous edition was BlocNotes a magazine about art ....
Then, at approx. the same time than Olivier Zahm, they turned themselves to fashion ....

If you have the chance to see some old Crash issue, have a look and you'll see that they used to be a lot more avant-garde (if this word does still make sense .....). they were some sort of marginals (outsiders ?)
For some seasons now, it's true they try to look more "rich" but don't really give up their sense of style.

I hadn't buy it during some times (after Masha Orlov - ex fashion director - left the magazine) but i'm now rebuying for some issues and they always have interesting editorials.
They used to work with Thomas Engel Heart, Robin Schulié (buyer for Maria Luisa), Jeremy Scott, As4 etc.

they really belong to the (EX!!) underground parisian scene.
I'm saying ex-underground scene, as nowadays nothing is underground, but everything is overground.:ninja:

and no Crash isn't cheap........ :wink:

i think she looks good! the darkened eyebrows and lips really suit her, in fact she looks so different... lord knows i was expecting sugary sweet but i got something else entirely... not bad at all!

I like Taylor..but
this looks forced every shot
looks like she is thinking "Am I doing this right?":shock:
I dont doubt her as a model because those
test shots she did for IMG look amazing
as Tyra says "dont force it, let it come natural":lol:

She is so boring and just plain uninspiring. I don't understand why she's a model at all. I mean, her face is just so round, and her mouth looks so weird in her shots. She's just common.

Still, I wish her success.

Well, I'd like to disagree with you. They often have good edits judging from the few issues that I have but the one with Taylor Momsen is a big let down. :sick:

And Crash is more of a balance between culture and fashion as they often have these articles on actors, artists, architects, or the creatives working side by side with some fashion features.

Really, it's the Taylor thing. She kind of reminds me of how Catherine McNeil bores me. Boring on every level.

She is so boring and just plain uninspiring. I don't understand why she's a model at all. I mean, her face is just so round, and her mouth looks so weird in her shots. She's just common.

Still, I wish her success.

Her face is indeed very typical. Okay she's pretty but that's all there is to it.

I'd rather see a model with interesting features which make them more interesting. A comparison I could put is why Mathias Lauridsen is one of my fave models of all time is because of his scar. Sometimes it's those little things/imperfections that makes us all the more beautiful but then again this matter is highly subjective. In the end, it's all up to you what you buy into at the end of the day.

I think she is a very pretty girl. While I don't LOVE these shots I think it shows how different she has the ability to look - a great thing for a model (which she is trying to be now)

I didn't like the cover and the eds!! She's pretty, but I didn' like the hair & makeup. But I liked her poses...

Does Anyone Know Number Of This Issue (Maybe #48)

This cover is terrible, I see dozens of girls everyday who would have probably looked better than that, she's common and plain.

I think she's cute in gossip she's very tall for her age, she has a sense of style (I don't like it though) and stuff but I don't think shes ready to feature in fashion magazines !

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaKel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->