d Repubblica March 19th, 2022 : Anja Rubik by Carlijn Jacobs & Oskar Grzelak by Paolo Roversi

Wed, March 16, 2022, 6:00 AM

MILAN - "The quality of a monthly publication, the frequency of a weekly. The intelligence of the written word and the strength of the image. A renewed digital offer…and the authority of a proudly printed product. This is the recipe of the new 'd'," writes Emanuele Farneti in the editor's letter marking the new course of D, the weekly supplement of Italy's progressive newspaper La Repubblica.

The Condé Nast veteran revealed ambitious plans for the 26-year-old magazine he is now helming after stepping down from his role as editor in chief of Vogue Italia and L'Uomo Vogue last year. The weekly publication is part of the rich portfolio of the GEDI Gruppo Editoriale media group, whose majority stake is owned by John Elkann's Exor holding company.

"I want this to become the most authoritative fashion and beauty magazine in Italy as well as the most relevant Italian fashion publication abroad. And honestly, if we work well, there's the space to achieve this goal," Farneti said in an interview with WWD ahead of the relaunch.

Hitting newsstands on March 19, the new issue telegraphs the high-end standards and internationally appealing approach Farneti aims to bring to the magazine by centering it on respectability, consistency and sophistication. Case in point: Carlijn Jacobs and Paolo Roversi have been tapped to photograph the first two covers, which resonate with the current geopolitical and social context.

yahoo.com

Omg, the quote :rofl:
But i think its better than most new stuff from VI

Stunning the cover story with Anja, is a quite nice tribute of the Richard Avedon's photography from the 60's & shocked than Farnetti is the EIC of this mag now & all the editorials are much better than the peroid of his helm on Vogue Italia.

I share the same sentiments regarding Farnetti! Where was this in his VI? Was there some lack of freedom under conde nasty?

Anja’s editorial is superb, Cariljn always brings out the best in her colored work, but I’m amazed by how beautiful the B&W shots are, they are very Avedon, I think over time she will get better with capturing that essence (and far better than Ethan James whatever).

Well he had his chance and blew it but truth be told this is some good content way better than what he did at VI. Makes one wonder who was pulling the strings at VI with all the 'woke' and 'activist' content.

You all appear to be forgetting Giovanni Bianco’s brief time with Farneti before the madness unfolded. Vogue Italia actually wasn’t half bad when he was in charge of creative direction of it all. It was Verderi who steered things straight to the bottom, although Farneti isn’t blameless considering he allowed it.

This looks quite splendid, I can’t lie. Both covers are sublime, Anja’s story is so refreshing and elegant and it’s so good to see after what seems like a lifetime of the same Zara beachy natural shoots. Previews of Paolo’s story look very lovely as well, as dull as his work may get the lighting is ever so beautiful and the images never fail to draw you in.

I would laugh at his statement about D becoming the most influential Italian magazine, but why not? Vogue Italia is in complete ruins, completely and utterly irrelevant beyond the big household name. What else is there? Elle is cute, more often than not, but it isn’t effective enough. They don’t have a Bazaar. So the position appears to be open. If Farneti plays his cards right and stays true to this solid direction, who’s to say this couldn’t be the Italian M le Monde? So far, so good. I guess we shall wait and see.

Did Farneti leave or did he "leave", because if this is Revenge Vogue Italia, count me amongst those interested to see where things go.

I have mixed feelings about this, even after reading who's behind. Anyway, Anja looks flawless. She's the perfect model to make a story like this.

both covers are nice but Anja’s editorial is gorgeous!
I’m gonna have to try and get this one smh!

as for Farneti, regardless of who pushed him up or down creatively wise when he was leading VI it’s all his fault. he was the EC in charge and he should’ve had the last word.
Verderi’s work was terrible though.

GALA KNIGHTS
Photography:
Paolo Roversi
Styling: Jacob K
Hair: Eugene Souleiman
Make-up: Lucy Bridge
Models: Maty @ Focus and Bee @ XdirectN, Gustave, Hanabi the K, Billie, Oskar and Kacper Grzelak @ Success, Yu Lun @ The Movement & Niki Deux @ Platform

d la Repubblica Digital Edition

A ROMA
Photography:
Paolo Di Lucente
Styling: Francesca Ottaviani

d la Repubblica Digital Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herb2024