Dakota Fanning to Star in Wizard of Oz Sequel?

bebe_tc

Reaction score
by Celebuzz on Aug. 23, 2009 11:00 AM
gallery-3602201.jpg
wenn.com

Dakota Fanning might be following the yellow-brick road soon.
British newspaper Express reports that the New Moon actress is being considered for the starring role in an upcoming sequel to The Wizard of Oz, which would be "darker and more action-packed" than the 1939 original.
Producer Basil Iwanyk explains, "It will be set in the present day and feature Dorothy’s granddaughter.”
Adds co-producer Todd McFarlane, "You’ve still got Dorothy trapped in an odd place, but she’s much closer to the Ripley character from Alien [Sigourney Weaver] than a helpless singing girl.”
Filming on the project could begin next year.

I loved her act since she was a child,she really has talent.Hope she will make it a good one.

She's lovely. And on the plus side, she can act, so I'm looking foreword to seeing how it turns out!

Sure, I'll give Dakota the benefit of the doubt as a good actress but I can't stand to see a sequel that ruins such a classic movie. :doh:

^ I am with you on that one! I just can not stand yet another classic film favorite of mine getting messed with a silly sequel. Yet another example of Hollywood running out of ideas:innocent:

Wtf?

A sequel to Wizard of Oz?

Classic movies like Wizard of Oz should not be touched.

Hollywood needs to come up with better ideas than that.

That will destroy the Wizard of Oz forever.

^ I am with you on that one! I just can not stand yet another classic film favorite of mine getting messed with a silly sequel. Yet another example of Hollywood running out of ideas:innocent:
I agree. And the remakes are never as good as the originals (or none that I have seen). There are so many remakes these days. Even TV shows recreations.

Wasn't there already a sequel with Fairuza Balk? Is it going to be a sequel to "Return to Oz"?

Hollywood should come up with new ideas and stop messing with the classics I remember they wanted to make a remake of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid with Will Smith and Denzel Washington. I remember Paul Newman said he would NOT like it. And then there were rumors of a Gone with the Wind remake with George Clooney and the My Fair Lady remake etc etc. There are really amazing writers out there that come up with great NEW ideas. It really dishonors the actors that were in the original movies because what made the classics great were the quality of the actors back then. IMO you just can't repeat that kind of magic and DF will never live up to the greatness of Judy Garland. I just don't know why they have to do remakes they always F:censored:K them up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->