Danica Magpantay

new setcard from ford models :heart:
ac1413e0c05a11e3b2ed0002c99d4168_8.jpg

outtake from a test shoot photographed by Joseph Chen
f057c53cbf2011e388a40002c9549d98_8.jpg

icamagpantay/instagram

LOOOVE the new haircut:woot:. I've never paid much attention to her before cuz i thought she was a tad too commercial for my taste.. But with this cut, she just elevated herself^_^. Soo chic, elegant & fierce:heart:

Danica Magpantay photographed by Ricardo Beas
10683992_1484940865105614_1069680377_n.jpg

facebook.com/FilipinaoModelsAroundTheGlobe

Illustrado Magazine
Filipino Models: La Liga Filipina

Photographer: Raen Badua
Wardrobe Stylist: Slava Nemish
Make-Up Artist: Eric Vosburg
Hairstylist: Justin Arellano
Models:
Alexander Dominguez – Red Model Management
Danica Magpantay – Ford Models
Francis Ariosa – Wilhelmina Models NYC
Paul Kiefer – Major Models
Stephanie Retuya – Wilhelmina Models NYC

DANICA MAGPANTAY – FORD MODELS

How did you become a model? Did you always want to be one?

I always wanted to model. I just didn’t think it would happen as fast as it did. I got started when I joined the local Ford Supermodel of The World contest in Philippines.

Most significant campaigns so far. Which one are you most proud of and why?

Last year’s summer campaign for Aeropostale. It has been one of my dreams since I started modeling to appear on one of the flashy Times Square ads and through that campaign it came true.

Tell us about your journey to the modelling world in NYC.

After I won the contest in the Philippines, I was able to go on and compete on the international level and was fortunate enough to win here in New York as well. A week after that I was going to castings for the upcoming fashion week.

With anything you do, you really must have a sound mind and body. I have experienced highs and lows in this career but I am just so blessed that I am surrounded by loving and empowering people who always believe in me. Also, I have God whom I draw my strength and courage from every day.
What’s the best thing about being an international model? What’s the worst thing about it?

Diversity in the market. Being able to travel from one city to another, you do realize what the “modeling market” is in each city. Being in New York, there is equal opportunity for everyone to get booked because there are all kinds of different looks that every client is looking for.

On being Filipino – is being Filipino a hindrance or an asset to a model like you?

Definitely not a hindrance, like I said, there is a diversity of models and you just have to see which ones work for your look – no matter what your race is.

What advice can you give to Filipinos aspiring to model internationally?

Do it. Keep learning about the tricks of the trade and don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone. And most importantly, always make sure you enjoy doing it!

If you weren’t a model today, what would you be?

I’d either be a merchandiser for my own clothing/accessories store or be a business woman and market and develop products from our family’s organic farm.
www.illustradolife.com

Marga, Paolo, Sharina, Manuela, Francis, Danica, Charo, Alex and Charlene by Markus Ziegler in cover story Editorial for L'Officiel Manila (July/August 2015)

PH: Markus Ziegler
Creative Direction: Audie Umali
Styling: Adrian Manuel
Make-Up: Misha
Hair: Tomo Tamura
fashionmediaph.blogspot.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patda02