Dashboard Confessional

mnis

Reaction score
Hi Guys I just heard of this band recently,i like their songs "Don't Wait" and "Stolen" so far.
You can listen to "Don't Wait" here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrreuOybZs4

History

Dashboard Confessional is an American acoustic/electric guitar driven indie rock band, led by singer-songwriter and guitarist Chris Carrabba from Boca Raton, Florida. They won the MTV2 award at 2002's MTV Video Music AwardsShrek 2 and Spider-Man 2. for their song "Screaming Infidelities" and appeared on motion picture soundtracks such as

Dashboard Confessional was started in 1999, as a side project from Carrabba's venture with Florida rock band Further Seems Forever. The name Dashboard Confessional is derived from one of his songs, "The Sharp Hint of New Tears," which contains the line "On the way home/This car hears my confessions." Contrary to popular belief, the name Dashboard Confessional refers only to Carrabba, as he originally intended it to be only a solo project. Addressing this misunderstanding, he challenged: "What rulebook says it has to be called your name if you're one guy?"[1] But Carrabba often brought along friends to play live shows with him, and in 2002 he decided to make the current line-up a permanent one.

The current line-up includes Carrabba (vocals, guitar), John Lefler (guitar), Scott Shoenbeck (bass), and Mike Marsh (drums). Both John Lefler and Mike Marsh provide background vocals. Violinist Susan Sherouse often performs and records with the group. As of 2006, they have released four EPs and five full-length albums, three of which have been certified gold by the RIAA.

In May of 2005, Dashboard Confessional entered the studio to record their fifth album with Daniel Lanois. Lanois has co-produced the landmark albums So (Peter Gabriel), The Joshua Tree (U2) and produced Bob Dylan's Grammy award winning masterpiece Time Out of Mind (Album of the Year, 1997). "Don't Wait" was the first single released from Dashboard Confessional's latest album Dusk and Summer, which was released on June 27, 2006. The album was leaked on torrent websites on June 14, 2006. Following the release of Dusk and Summer, Dashboard Confessional went on a summer tour of the U.S. with special guests Say Anything and Ben Lee.

(source wikipedia.org)
Oh and chris isn't bad either :brows:
Chris Carrabba-Lead Singer

John lefler-Guitar
john.jpg
MeVancouver.jpg

Scott Shoenbeck-bass
scott.jpg

and Mike Marsh- drums
mike.jpg

(source hollywoodsbest.net and dashboardconfessional.com)

Last edited by a moderator:
U like this band?!?!:woot:
their songs are really good.:heart:
the lead singer is really hot
brows.gif
:wink:

I like them too:woot: They're so damn good^_^ My favourite songs are>>As Lovers Go:heart: ,So Long Sweet Summer:cry: ,Hey Girl:D And I Do:wub:

pinnie said:
U like this band?!?!:woot:
their songs are really good.:heart:
the lead singer is really hot
pinnie said:

Yes,Love this band aswell...^_^
Glad you,and Michilili love them aswell! :clap: karma!!
Im going to find some more pictures of them,I've seen a few of chris already :shifty:

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris Carrabba - David Goldman Photoshoots

Couldn't find any images of them as a band,but found these of Chris:

hqcb.net

I've just found this photo of Chris.That's the most beautiful pic of him I've ever seen^_^ He loooks sooo...I dunno:lol: >>
900720551_l.jpg

myspace

I agree ^_^:brows:
thankyou for the karma michilili :flower: hope you like the songs :wink:

i really like their new album! it's absolute my fave album at this moment! :crush:

I saw Chris in the solo tour a few weeks ago. i was so excited i almost cried:lol: he was absolutely amazing!:heart:

i was wondering if anyone can help me get some of the more rare tracks i've realised i don't have.. karma waiting:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->