Daughter of Stephen Curtis Chapman killed

Jenna-maria

Reaction score
The five-year-old daughter of contemporary Christian music star Steven Curtis Chapman was killed last night by a car driven by her teenage brother in the driveway of the Chapman family’s Williamson County home in Tennessee.
Maria, Chapman’s youngest of six children, was playing in the driveway when she was struck by a Toyota Land Cruiser. Several members of the Chapman family witnessed the accident.
A statement on Chapman’s website says, “Maria was rushed to Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital in Nashville, transported by LifeFlight, but died of her injuries there.” Fans have been leaving their messages of condolences on Chapman’s official MySpace page.
Chapman and his wife, Mary Beth, co-wrote a song entitled “Maria” for his 1992 album, The Great Adventure. You can find the lyrics here.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Chapman family.

stephen-curtis-chapman-maria.jpg

absolutely horrible :cry:

from Justjare

My deepest, deepest heartfelt condolences goes out to the family. I pray their strength in the Lord.

i read about this yesterday and still cannot believe it..
...i cant even begin to imagine the pain...and especially the long road that her brother has ahead of him...my heart goes out to all the family and particularly to him....i hope he is able to heal from this and forgive himself..:heart:

This story broke my heart. What a sweet little girl and a very loving, warm family. They did not deserve this loss. My thoughts are with them. RIP little Maria.

wow imagine being killed by your brother. or imagine killing your sister.
thats gotta worse than suck.
:cry:
so so sad.

Oh my gosh how terrible. :o
She seemed like such a happy little girl with a sweet personality. Really fun-loving by the looks of that video. :cry:

My prayers are with the family, especially Maria's brother. I can't imagine what he must be going through.

What a horrible thing to happen - my condolences to the family :(

Thats terrible. She's so freakin adorable in that video too. I feel bad for the whole family of course but esp. the brother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->