David Anthony - Photographer

MulletProof

Reaction score
[David Anthony's introduction to fashion and fashion photography began while as a creative director for some of the leading hairdressing academies in the beauty industry. A self-taught photographer, David eventually moved into photography full-time beginning his career in the fall of 1991 in Los Angeles, CA. He worked there for a few years before moving to Europe where he worked in the Paris and Madrid markets. After a period of time, David returned to North America working for a short time in Canada before finally returning to the US.
David Anthony's editorial work includes Harper's Bazaar & Marie Claire (international editions), Rolling Stone magazine, Chicago magazine, among numerous others.]

He shot one of my all-time favorite editorials, and he's done some pretty good work here and there. I think he's very talented but in my very humble opinion, his photography often falls into mediocrity when he teams up with magazines like Latin American Bazaar, where he was a frequent contributor around 2001/02.

anthony5.jpg

[davidanthonyphotographer]

:heart:

Harper's Bazaar International September 2001
Photographed by David Anthony
Styled by Stacey Jones
Model: Martine at Next
Scanned by me

2q15p3q.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
from Bazaar en espanol, december 2001

anthony9.jpg

anthony10.jpg

:arrow: off-topic: isnt this model_mom's daughter?
anthony14.jpg

and last but not least...:P

anthony12.jpg

anthony13.jpg

Thank you so much....I have never seen that picture of Ali. I remember when she did the shoot with him but all we saw were the photographs that were in Marie Claire. I would love to have a copy of it.

^it's a beautiful picture of her, mm. and hello:heart:

mullet, that is such a flashback for me ... you posted the first editorial ages ago in another thread and i'm sure i gave you karma (if we had that yet:(p

mm- you should contact the photographer directly...i am sure he would help you out..

i just realized who this is...
i have to say mullet...
you are kind to call some of his work mediocre...
i would call it something else...
:ninja:

Estella Mare said:
mullet, that is such a flashback for me ... you posted the first editorial ages ago in another thread and i'm sure i gave you karma (if we had that yet)
maybe here. :innocent:

you're welcome, model_mom, beautiful girl :heart: . i meant to posted the image in her thread but my computer crashed for a while. :doh:

softgrey: are you familiar with his work?...

i remember some of those eds... only a few were outstanding, specially the one you posted mullet... i remember some other party-theme eds that i loved, too... but yeah, generally nothing to write home about

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->