David Hlinka

Walter Van Beirendock backstage

274092.jpg

anothermag.com

A non-profit organization focused on gaining male involvement in donating to breast cancer research!

http://fundanything.com/en/campaigns/help-save-the-breasts-come-to-life

Started by David Hlinka and two of his cousins the link is to help Save The Breasts launch stronger than they could without everyone’s help!

How did this project get started?
Save The Breasts came about 5 years ago when my cousin, our Uncle, and I were on our way from the golf course to the hockey rink. Someone made the comment, jokingly, "men like breasts, why aren’t we helping save the breasts." More importantly, men have mothers, sisters, daughters, aunts, wives, girlfriends or even just friends and 1 in 8 woman in the US will be diagnosed with breast cancer. In that moment, the name and the idea were conceived.

What is the mission of Save The Breasts?
We have been developing the idea for the past few years. Since April, we have been diligent in setting everything up legally to launch by April 2014! When we launch we will be the first non-profit organization in the US focused on gaining male involvement for funding research. It is crucial to add men to the idea of funding research. As half of the population, adding men to the fight can only help further the advances in medical research.

Why Save The Breasts? Why now?
There are an endless number of campaigns and non-profits raising money for breast cancer awareness. Breast cancer is fortunately very well promoted, and we didn’t want to just add another foundation to the mix. But, there are too many funds being diluted and spread around corporations before making it to the hands of research facilities. There has never been any better time than now. In my opinion, we should have launched this the day we thought of it, but in order to be successful, I think Save The Breasts needed to grow a bit before launching.
Now more than ever, companies are taking advantage of the Pink Ribbon to increase sales. It is disappointing how much money is made from promoting the pink ribbon, yet how little of that translates into donations. We hope to be as transparent as possible so everyone can trust that their dollar is going where they expect.

What are your future plans for STB?
Save The Breasts is not a once and done objective. We have set this up for the long haul. I am still talking to a few research facilities to decide which one we will set up a direct relationship with. Also, besides offering opportunities for men to get involved, we want to provide a community of information and education. A place where men can find insight and advice from others on how to approach a situation that no one is prepared to handle.

Special thanks to David Hlinka for the quick Q&A and photo from Tokyo, Japan...

johntancasting.blogspot

Grandpa Style
Models: David Hlinka and Rory Buckley
Ph: Matin Zad
St: Raul Guerrero

f!ckingyoung.es

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJC