Decades Inc

ignitioned32

Mannikin
Reaction score
http://www.decadesinc.com/

Just wanted to share this amazing site for vintage finds. You can see various works of Ossie Clark, Holly Harp, Andre Courreges and designers re-surfacing because of various reasons (Nicholas Ghesquiere scandal included) Loris Azzaro, Kasik Wong and Koos Van Den Akker. :heart:

There is also an amazing Hermes bag collection for fans out there. :wink:

Evening kimono by Koos Van Der Akker.

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    13.6 KB · Views: 9
Another website for their sister company is : www.decadestwo.com. They also carry their vintage stuff. Sometime they have Ebay auctions of their stuff too.

Oh yeah, they had an article on US Vouge March issue I think about what kind of interesting pieces circulate in these stores. Was very interesting indeed.

quite possibly under the wrong topic: but upon seeing the offerings from koos van den akker, i understand more the furor caused by ghesquiere's spring 2002 show...a lot of the pieces look a little more than inspired. i am showing my age here: but was koos van den akker really big in the 70s and 80s? i had not heard of him until this entire plagiarism controversy.

Originally posted by mikeijames@Apr 20th, 2004 - 10:54 am
quite possibly under the wrong topic: but upon seeing the offerings from koos van den akker, i understand more the furor caused by ghesquiere's spring 2002 show...a lot of the pieces look a little more than inspired. i am showing my age here: but was koos van den akker really big in the 70s and 80s? i had not heard of him until this entire plagiarism controversy.
not in the eighties...must have been before that, 'cause i don't recall him at all ... :huh:

Originally posted by ignitioned32@Apr 20th, 2004 - 9:25 am
http://www.decadesinc.com/

Just wanted to share this amazing site for vintage finds. You can see various works of Ossie Clark, Holly Harp, Andre Courreges and designers re-surfacing because of various reasons (Nicholas Ghesquiere scandal included) Loris Azzaro, Kasik Wong and Koos Van Den Akker. :heart:

There is also an amazing Hermes bag collection for fans out there. :wink:

Evening kimono by Koos Van Der Akker.
xx-thx for the link igni... :flower:

Decades is amaizng amazing store, they are liek vintage lovers paradise.

Great site, thanks for the link! :smile: This dress from Courreges is so simple, but cute...

Attachments

• cream.jpg
    cream.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 2
great site, thanks for posting igni :flower:

i believe that none of the designers mentioned here was ever involved in Guesquiere's copying "scandal"
if i've got it wrong feel free to correct me guys :ninja:

Originally posted by Lena@Apr 21st, 2004 - 4:25 am
great site, thanks for posting igni :flower:

i believe that none of the designers mentioned here was ever involved in Guesquiere's copying "scandal"
if i've got it wrong feel free to correct me guys :ninja:
I thought it was Kasik Wong and the patchwork tops?

Ok found it!
Los Angeles, CA A scandal arose last spring when Balenciaga designer, Nicolas Ghesquière, admitted to copying Kaisik Wong’s signature collage vest, originally made in 1973. But who was Kaisik Wong? On December 3rd through 31st, Decades Gallery will demystify his genius with a rare exhibition and sale of his personal archives amounting to nearly 100 ensembles, including the infamous vest.

(This was on the Decades site btw)

Yup. And wasn't he based in San Francisco whilst he was designing? Seems so strange because he really wasn't that popular(well,until now that is)...unless there was something a vintage shop he happend to pick up...á la Marc Jacobs??

Fun site! I don't like the Java navigation, though, where it fills up the whole screen with a secondary window, and only shows two dresses per page. Also I hate that you can't get a close-up/larger view of the dresses. That sucks.

I am working on doing a little online museum of my own personal vintage and antique clothing collection right now. I don't have any famous designer stuff like that, but I do have a fine and representative sampling of fashions as they trickled down to the mass market. Most of my stuff came from rural and small-town working-class families...not an area of fashion history that anybody pays much attention to, so I am hoping that my take on this stuff might be a fresh perspective.

Nicolas' infamous spring 2002 collection was influenced by both Koos van den Akker and Kaisik Wong. But it was his shameless, blatant copy of Kaisik's vest (pictured originally in the 70's Bay Area folk art book Native Funk and Flash) that landed him in hot water.

Kaisik was an enormously talented designer and I feel his work is largely ripped off by As Four today. The Decades retrospective of his work was incredible and if you are truly a fan, I recommend you hunt down a copy of Native Funk on eBay.

the guy that owns the two stores is aussie! he was a failed rockstar and was collecting clothes on tour...then he put all the clothes into a shop...he's had some amazing dresses on the red carpet...Azzaro-kidman wore to the moulin rouge premiere...Jean Dresses-Renee Zellweger wore to the oscars, gorgeous yellow gown...and 1955 Dior-trudie styler also wore to the oscars...

Originally posted by ebatesy23@Apr 24th, 2004 - 8:07 am
the guy that owns the two stores is aussie! he was a failed rockstar and was collecting clothes on tour...then he put all the clothes into a shop...he's had some amazing dresses on the red carpet...Azzaro-kidman wore to the moulin rouge premiere...Jean Dresses-Renee Zellweger wore to the oscars, gorgeous yellow gown...and 1955 Dior-trudie styler also wore to the oscars...
The Azzaro Nicole wore to the Moulin Rouge Premiere is indeed from Decades but I think you're mistaken on Renee's Jean Desses. It's from Lily et Cie also in LA. :flower:

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Apr 20th, 2004 - 10:57 pm
Nicolas' infamous spring 2002 collection was influenced by both Koos van den Akker and Kaisik Wong. But it was his shameless, blatant copy of Kaisik's vest (pictured originally in the 70's Bay Area folk art book Native Funk and Flash) that landed him in hot water.

Kaisik was an enormously talented designer and I feel his work is largely ripped off by As Four today. The Decades retrospective of his work was incredible and if you are truly a fan, I recommend you hunt down a copy of Native Funk on eBay.
kaisik was such an amazing talent.. and even more interesting, he was also an amazing opera costumer. his designs and his work with dali... are just stunning. :heart: :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessRW
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->