Derek Lam for Ebay Capsule Collection

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Next February, Derek Lam will not only show his fall 2011 collection, but also a presentation of less-expensive looks that will be sold exclusively on eBay. But only you—plus the other hundreds of millions of users of the website around the world—will decide what actually goes on sale. After Lam shows the collection, a global vote will be taken on what actually makes it into production, and then go on sale sometime in May. That’s as much as can be revealed now—other than this is a prelude to an inexpensive line the designer is planning for the end of 2011.

vogue

What did everyone else think of the his Ebay line?

http://dereklam.ebay.com

I thought it was.. okay I mean the price points are okay but you're not getting a lot other than really stark designs and simple pieces, although I think that's what he's going for.

i like the long black dress the best...
but i can't imagine an occassion where i would wear it...
the shorter version is cute though...

but yeah- the prices are great...

this guy is a piece of work...:rolleyes:

i remember reading several interviews with him a few years back where he was trashing the idea of designers working with retailers such as target, H&M etc. he said he only wanted to do luxury items.

and then his business wasnt bringing in enough money apparently. who knows it may not even have been profitable. :innocent:

and now he's doing a collection for ebay and after this another low priced line. and eating his words.

i think it might be too late for him. he may be finished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->