Sketches & Illustrations of Fashion Designers

wyatt.

Reaction score
i saw a galliano sketch in the dec. vogue and i was amazed at the quality of his figure etc etc.

i just really liked it. if anyone finds any they should post them. by him or anyone else.

por favor?

oh and the ferret...just for good measure....or not.
it wouldn't upload.

this comes close...sorta.

I'm not sure if many of the designers actually sketch it themselves. They may though. On the topic of Galliano, My friend is taking a fashion illustration class with a guy...i forget his name...who used to illustrate for Galliano in Paris. He also designed some accessories for Dior. Apparently he had a very impressive portfolio. Anyways...here are some from the versace atelier collection fall 2003...the first one is the dress Beyonce wore to the VMA's

the look-book of that versace collection is SO nice!!!!!!!

its adriana lima with HUGE hair and awsome make-up

but there are no scans of it........the pics are only for clients

They have some full page photos of adirana and the versace couture collection in the latest issue of Moda. Its about 13 dollars and this issue is all couture.

Originally posted by ykidkwis@Feb 6th, 2004 - 10:05 pm
They have some full page photos of adirana and the versace couture collection in the latest issue of Moda. Its about 13 dollars and this issue is all couture.

where can i buy moda? i live on long island, but go to nyc pretty frequently. would barnes & noble carry it?

thanks.

oh! same question with numero magazine.

the DK and the Peter Som ones posted are real cool but i seriously doublt they are drawn by the designers, fashion houses always work close with illustrators plus the work of the illustrator is quite different from that of the designer, i have some trouble imagining a busy fashion designer playing around with watercolouring scetches :innocent:

thanks for posting those mja :flower:

Has anyone seen the new book from WWD featuring fashion illustration greats?
I hear the book party/opening was friday at Gallaghers fashion gallery/book store.

Lately I'm collecting beautiful fashion illustrations -- love em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theaucourant
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->