tFS Fashion illustrations ... Please read Post #1 before posting your drawings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
VersaceLuva586: nice! I love the hair, the clothes, the shoes... everything! xD
Elle M: nice coloring O:
Lizzy.P: I think all you need is to practice more and more, but studying design is not a bad idea either. You have the skills, what you need is to learn techniques. Nice shoes by the way, they look very Versace :smile:
farou7a: thanks a lot! :flower:

I'm not good drawer, I know. I want your opinions, do you think I'll can do it better if I study design? Thanks :smile:

This is pretty good ... you are already on your way ... just needs some tweaks with the perspective.

You can learn to draw better ... anyone can. Take drawing or illustration classes. I think that they must offer that in design school ... but if they don't then take some drawing classes at a local college. Even if it's not drawing fashion, you will still learn about how to draw proper perspective and shading to make things look more 3 demensional. That is important, especially in drawing shoes.

Last edited by a moderator:
i know drawing is not good but this is my smallest art ( the last two were scanned at low quality :( )

dicky 89 the second drawing is very good. I can see some manga influences .... always make them like that... with a well defined line... not faded ...
don't give up ... keep drawing ..you'll evolve in a couple of months if you work daily ... also try to copy big artists or illustrators in the beginning so you'll understand their technique and then you can form your own style and make original works :smile:

the miu miu vibe stands in the prints of the clothing.. that collar resembles nothing of miu miu ..the photo is great, and the idea of mixed media is very avant garde ... just add those prints on the collars and anyone will be able to tell they were inspired by that collection :smile:

Now that we are talking about Miu Miu SS 2010, I illustrated the Pink Mary Janes a couple days ago
MiuMiuMaryJanes.jpg

my last drawing before adding color to it. i'm a little afraid to add color, because i don't know how to make my drawing not to look so stiff. any advice would be welcome :smile:

Attachments

• SAM_0541.JPG
    SAM_0541.JPG
    474.5 KB · Views: 12
Make copies first, to practice on ... it won't come easy, if you have not learned how to do this yet.

Use colored pencils and try shading it ... to show the contures of the body and fabric. Pencils are probably the best tools to work with at first because they are forgiving.

First, stand in front of a mirror and shine a bright light like a flash light or desk lamp on yourself in the mirror to study how light and shadow work. You will see that the fabric closest to the light will be a lighter color than the fabric on the dark side. And your skin and hair too. Notice how folds in the fabric look when hit by a light on the side. Notice how the shadow follows the shape of the body undeneath the clothing. Notice where the dark shadows are ... and notice the hightlights. See how it looks under different conditions and moving the light around. If the light is really bright there should be a big difference between the shadows and the hightligts. If the light is softer, the diffenence with be less and the change of shadow to light will be soft and more gradual.

Now, on your drawing, imagine a light source ...for example imagine that a light is coming from the upper left. Next, create shadows on the far side of the light and in the folds of the fabric (by darkening the color, or even adding some gry to it). Make the color lighter and brighter on the side the light is on. And, as they tell makeup artists when they are conturing faces .... blend, blend, blend.

If this is too difficult, then practice using simple geometic shapes that have curved sides like people do ... a ball, a cone, a tube, etc.

andra, BetteT couldnt have said it better, thats great advice to see how shading works. And I agree pencils are the best way to start, they are easy to blend and you can always add more layers of color as you need to. Keep up!:flower:

thank you for the advice.i will try my best and i will post the result :smile:

Hayden Williams for Glossy magazine 'Model Off Duty' issue 6: Supermodels Then & Now!

2dbjfhl.jpg

From left to right: Linda Evangelista vs Natasha Poly, Christy Turlington vs Rosie Huntington Whiteley, Naomi Campbell vs Sessilee Lopez & Cindy Crawford vs Jessica Stam.

14m9jjn.jpg

2z7gbw8.jpg

Hey VersaceLuva586 I was in the same issue! Such a small world! Mine was 'Supermodels as Superheros'- Lilly Donaldson as Barbarella .
lilly1copy.jpg

I gotta take a screen shot cos this scan is all I have.

Thank you ognimod!! :smile:

lepip: I remember seeing that!!! It was fab.....you did a great job. It is a small world lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ozilya
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->