Devon Aoki

Lancome totally airbrushed her freckles out! Apparently, they wanted different bot not TOO different.

i just dont like her face at all.... i dont even find her pretty.... her face annoys me...

I like Devon's face and her bratty-child expression. :P It's true that she doesn't have much more than one expression though. I'm not too fond of that Lancome ad.

i think shes kind of dope looking just because shes asian, and as ive said before i have a bizarre obsession with asian people.

but she was in the fast and the furious, and that puts her way down low on my list.

I think Devon is gorgeous :P And I love the fact that the beauty industry use Asian people more and more in their commercials.

I think she's refreshing, but I dont like the fact that in pictures her eyes have zero emotion. :unsure:

While I agree that she does look arrogant, she has a gorgeous and unusual face. I find that her aloof expression suits her, since she seems a bit otherworldly.

I can barely even tell that she is asian in those pictures. I'm not a big fan of asian people who dye their hair blonde. :yuk:

she looks like a doll sometimes, but still..i never find her pretty :P

and yeah, the shape of her lips definetely makes her look bad, if only the corner of her mouth going up like :smile: ..she might look more friendly

Devon will always be one of my favourites and kudos to Lancome for using a eurasian model :flower:

Shahna, she doesnt dye her hair blonde. It's naturally a light brown color (she has a Japanese father and a German-British mother)

Here's the Spring 2003 Supernature campaign from January this year (she also did the campaign for their new fragrance Connexion with Liz and Mena, as well as the one for the Matte Foundation(cant remember its name))

Attachments

• Lancome_Spring_2003_Supernature.jpg
    Lancome_Spring_2003_Supernature.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 1,586
Sorry I didn't know that she was mixed. I'm mixed too and asian people always say I'm white and white people think I'm asian. So when you guys said she is asian I assumed that both parents were. So confusing... :wacko:

She kind of reminds me of a very serious fairy. Apparently she's also much smaller than most models (5'5 I think).

Originally posted by PradaP@Dec 18th, 2003 - 8:50 pm
Devon will always be one of my favourites and kudos to Lancome for using a eurasian model :flower:

Shahna, she doesnt dye her hair blonde. It's naturally a light brown color (she has a Japanese father and a German-British mother)

Here's the Spring 2003 Supernature campaign from January this year (she also did the campaign for their new fragrance Connexion with Liz and Mena, as well as the one for the Matte Foundation(cant remember its name))
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
I love ya, Prada! Agree..agree..agree!

And yes, she's tiny for a catwalk model.
And about her "arrogance" ..in a way, she is a spoiled brat ... she's the heiress of the $$$ his father has made with a japanese food restaurant-chain!

I'll say her expression is more pouty than anything!
I loooooove her, anyway! :P

her liilte quirkiness is what sets her apart from having the common commercial look. Intsead of having full lush lips as we usually see in make-up campaigns she has a dainty small mouth. Devons look is striking. I like beauty that is exotic, distintive, Beauty that stirs emotion be it good or bad and thats what Devon has.

I love her look, but I hate that add. I remember seeing a Lancome ad with her that I really did like though... can't find the picture. But it looked really good. This one just looks tacky.

Originally posted by TrailerCouture@Dec 18th, 2003 - 9:42 pm
her liilte quirkiness is what sets her apart from having the common commercial look. Intsead of having full lush lips as we usually see in make-up campaigns she has a dainty small mouth. Devons look is striking. I like beauty that is exotic, distintive, Beauty that stirs emotion be it good or bad and thats what Devon has.
:D i agree

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->