Diesel S/S 2025 Milan

We can all agree that this is as good as brand born to be tacky like Diesel can be. At this point I'm sorry for Glenn, really, his talent is wasted over there, however ingenious his treatment of denim is.
Next stop, Margiela. It has to be.

I find it fantastic! It’s probably my favorite collection he did for Diesel.
While Diesel is totally not my aesthetic, I think the collection was strong. It was well executed, he pushed everything to the max, it was tacky but with inventive ideas and more than that, this time the clothes looked real, approachable for the kind of cyber-sluts as @LadyJunon would say.

When I saw Alton Mason, I was thinking that this is him and his crowd aesthetic. The exaggerated fiercesness, the Rick-Owens wearing crowd. It’s very NYC actually.

If the Luar and others were talented, this is what they would achieve.

And I also think Glenn is where Marine Serre is not yet. That level of confidence and inventivity!

It’s really fantastic! I think he should go to Margiela but his Diesel is good. Even down to the accessories!

It’s very NYC actually.
😬😭 I see you and your French ways, Lola! you mean Bushwick/LES/people who wake up at 2 pm, take the train at 7:30 am and people are dressed to the nines, it's not this!

But hey, you basically grouped him in the mountain of mediocrity only Lua and Marine Serre can be runners-up at, and he deserves that. 😂

This show, like all the others in London and NY... ☕.. it's like watching someone build a house and being so smug about the textures and the color of the walls, and in the process somehow forgetting to build a door, oops. You will never find a non-dramatic way out of that level of trendiness, so.. good luck!

😬😭 I see you and your French ways, Lola! you mean Bushwick/LES/people who wake up at 2 pm, take the train at 7:30 am and people are dressed to the nines, it's not this!

But hey, you basically grouped him in the mountain of mediocrity only Lua and Marine Serre can be runners-up at, and he deserves that. 😂

This show, like all the others in London and NY... ☕.. it's like watching someone build a house and being so smug about the textures and the color of the walls, and in the process somehow forgetting to build a door, oops. You will never find a non-dramatic way out of that level of trendiness, so.. good luck!
The kids today who are also in Paris tbh, who are into Vintage, Y2K, who idolize Rick Owens, who sees themselves in Alton Mason and who are going at After parties at NYFW aspire to this kind of fashion.

I think Glenn is more talented than all the rest. I saw a perfectly cut peacoat in black leather that the others wish to execute that well.

I love what he does for Diesel. I was less convinced by what he did for YProject but his moment was Gaultier. That’s where he showed that he can do clothes and not just gimmicks.

Now my compliment doesn’t look like it after I read your comments.
I think he is more than that. He is better than that.
This is not a thrilling fashion proposition and at least, he brings some inventivity in it.

For me it is so obvious that Glenn will take over Balenciaga… even more with this collection.
I think whoever comes after Demna will be a complete 180 from style, something more sophisticated and clean. The brand needs a detox.

I always thought Glenn deserved the job over Demna. Y/Project was far more interesting than Vetements, he is much more technically skilled, has a stronger vision. I even like what he's doing here at Diesel more. It's yoyng, fun, sl*tty as the brand should be, but there's still an effort to play with design. It's the perfect balance.

This a great collection! I would’ve loved it more of the scarves section was edited down to just 3 looks. Love the sl*t and wh*re of it all!

Glenn is so talented and I would love him at Balenciaga! A time would be had!

Off topic: Alton and Leomie irk my soul.

You think Renzo will let him leave without a fight?
Between Margiela and Balenciaga…I would think about it. I think I would prefer Rosso against Pinault.
I would pay to watch Pinault get b*tch-slapped.

Jokes aside, I think he's going to Margiela. No designer in their right mind would do to Kering in their current situation.

This guy is exactly where he needs to be. Leave the big heritage brands to designers with a more refined taste level, I could not with another Balenciaga by Demna, which is exactly the kind of thing we can imagine if Glenn Martens was to take over.

What he designs is true to Diesel and that sort of client. Let Balenciaga or Margiela be a brand for adults with an acquired taste again - No more streetwear!

Idk whatever good things you can find here, it's obscured by the rag aesthetics of it all. It's not even the sexiness, it's the dirty aspect of it.

I think whoever comes after Demna will be a complete 180 from style, something more sophisticated and clean. The brand needs a detox.

I always thought Glenn deserved the job over Demna. Y/Project was far more interesting than Vetements, he is much more technically skilled, has a stronger vision. I even like what he's doing here at Diesel more. It's yoyng, fun, sl*tty as the brand should be, but there's still an effort to play with design. It's the perfect balance.

My comment was more in the sense that this collection screams Balenciaga rather than Diesel: from the setting, to the styling and casting haha.

But if I put my mind to it. For me, taking the reins of Balenciaga seems more interesting than taking the reins of Margiela.

Margiela seems to be too close to Glenn's environment and almost too easy, whereas Balenciaga is still a French luxury house with a certain heritage and prestige.

Of course, the Demna years have greatly tainted all that, but I'm convinced that Kering is very good at making big promises (which obviously don't come to fruition) to potential CDs. The idea of Balenciaga becoming a little more of a laboratory and hyper-luxury house seems to me a possible and envisaged challenge for Glenn.

If Kering thinks it can get back on track by having all its brands be hyper-consumerist and dedicated to the masses, then they're screwed: more than ever they need an idea of exclusivity.

Balenciaga can be that again: exclusive and innovative.

I don't like Glenn at Diesel. I think his talent is wasted there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mou777
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->