Dior Baudrier...for Guys?

Foxie-Pooh

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm kinda new here. I've been thinking about getting a nice bag for graduation. I really want the Dior Baudrier bag, but I'm not sure if it's ok for guys to use it. Is there only one size for the Baudrier? Which color is more classic, the tan, dark brown, or black? If it's a bit too girly for guys, then is the Balenciaga large moto bag better? I also kinda like the LV demier waist bag. Which one is my best bet for something durable, stylish, and classic? Can you guys suggest anything else for a male 20 yr old college student (price should be less than 1000, 600ish might be better )? Thanks

I was wondering the same thing! I've been wanting a Baudrier bag, but I'm just not too sure if it would look too "purse-y" on a guy... It's kind of big, 12x12" i believe, but I'm still not too sure.

Any opinions, ladies?

p10387747_ph_hero.jpg

The black one is the one I have been wanting:

ac_1_b.JPG

Here is a pic of the Baudrier in relation to the human body (but the one pictured is in patchwork leather and fur:(

00142.L.JPG

Brian and Foxie-Pooh: I do find the Dior kind of pursey actually... :blush: :wink:

Foxie-Pooh: I think you'd be better off with a Damier waist-bag... (the Géronimos Belted Clutch) :flower:

Thanks!
A female friend of mine told me that as well. she was like "OMG NO!"

...I think I'll just stick with my Dior denim messenger :blush: :heart:

cd.jpg

i thought it was the size of the saddle bag at first but since it's not, i think it would be ok for guys. i like it :flower:

:heart: :o

But again, im not a good person to ask about this, I wear clutches and heels :lol:

Originally posted by brian@May 30th, 2004 - 8:11 pm

that's exactly my reaction :lol: :blush:

I think the messenger posted would be much better for you :flower:

Originally posted by MissPurple+May 30th, 2004 - 9:26 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MissPurple @ May 30th, 2004 - 9:26 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-brian@May 30th, 2004 - 8:11 pm

I think the messenger posted would be much better for you :flower: [/b][/quote]
me too, i kinda want the white one :rolleyes: :wink:

Aww..I really want this bag though :( poo, oh well. Eh..I don't really like the messenger-it looks too "normal". I would like something more unique and fun! I guess I'll have to keep on searching.

Originally posted by MissPurple+May 30th, 2004 - 10:26 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MissPurple @ May 30th, 2004 - 10:26 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-brian@May 30th, 2004 - 8:11 pm

I think the messenger posted would be much better for you :flower: [/b][/quote]
agreed! :flower:

Well that second one is alright and that first Dior one is ok too but I think it depends what you wear it with and how you look but personaly I don't think that it would be too "Pursey" for a man I'm pretty sure that my husband has one of the suede and fur ones and he carries it alot but he doesn't really care what other people think...

my mother was bitching to me earlier about how the dior messenger i want looks like a woman's purse, and how people will call me *** if i carried one around :shock:

i don't really see it as a strictly female item. it's pretty unisex and not any different at all from other messenger bags in my opinion, but i guess tastes vary a whole lot!

Originally posted by chanel_girl@May 30th, 2004 - 10:34 pm
Well that second one is alright and that first Dior one is ok too but I think it depends what you wear it with and how you look but personaly I don't think that it would be too "Pursey" for a man I'm pretty sure that my husband has one of the suede and fur ones and he carries it alot but he doesn't really care what other people think...
that is so cool!!! :woot:

i would still love to have one of the baudriers in black leather actually, even if my female friends avise me otherwise. i think i could pull it off...

Originally posted by brian@May 31st, 2004 - 7:41 am
my mother was bitching to me earlier about how the dior messenger i want looks like a woman's purse, and how people will call me *** if i carried one around :shock:

i don't really see it as a strictly female item. it's pretty unisex and not any different at all from other messenger bags in my opinion, but i guess tastes vary a whole lot!
maybe it's because it says "dior" all over it...?

but whatever. i don't see it as being femme at all. it is very unisex if not plain masculine.
it isn't girly, pretty or anything. i know i'd never carry one... :lol:

true! but you know how she is. some people will just never learn!
all she's been doing all morning is bitching about that bag and how i'm a huge flaming queen or something because i 'want to carry around a woman's purse'

and then she goes on about how i'll never get it anyway because it's too expensive.

seriously, whatever! it's as if i'm telling her i'm saving up to buy a girly boston bag or something!!! :\

p10496601_ph_hero.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turbotastic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->