Disco-wear

Originally posted by brian+Jun 2nd, 2004 - 12:20 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (brian @ Jun 2nd, 2004 - 12:20 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by LolitaLuxe@Jun 1st, 2004 - 11:17 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-brian
@Jun 1st, 2004 - 7:13 pm
vogue78.jpg

^ from vogue magazine, ca. 1978

i love those pics :P
oh me too... gia carangi was so incredibly gorgeous :heart: :heart:

:cry: [/b][/quote]
The most amazing thing is that those pictures don't even look dated. I had thought they were from a current magazine until I read back and saw that they were from 1978. (I was 1 year old back then!)

Now anybody's family photo album pics from that era look quite time-specific, but apparently those floaty, wild-printed lingere-dresses are a classic. Who'da known?

If you do find a vintage dress like that, you could get away with re-wearing it, and it seems there are plenty of similar dresses out on the new ready-to-wear market. I'd totally get one, new or used, if the price was right and I had someplace to wear it. I think they're mad pretty!

Thanks guys! I didn't expect this many replies!

I went thrifting at a ton of places, but it's still hard to find stuff! Well, not true. I did find many dresses, but they were huge. It seems that everything my size goes to the "vintage" stores, which means that they now have an excuse to charge more lol. I finally did find a couple pairs of bell bottom jeans... well... pseudo-bell bottoms. They were most likely made during the flare revival a few years ago lol. But they work. I'm still not entirely sure what to wear for a top... if anyone has anymore ideas, do post them! :flower:

Brian, I love the looks you posted. If only I could find(and afford!) them :lol:

Are we talking old school disco?

Anyway, I love this dress:

Attachments

• lanvin2.JPG
    lanvin2.JPG
    14.7 KB · Views: 7
70's Disco Dance Ideas

Hey!

I'll be attending a banquet hall for a disco themed dance on March 4th.
I don't want to wear tacky 70's clothes. I was thinking 70's sex kitten, and I was going to buy a blonde wig, but clothes wise I have no clue on what would look wicked! Any suggestions are appreciated.

a jersey wrap dress-a la diane von furstenberg, high heel sandals with and ankle strap and shiny gold chains...super glossy lips and red nail polish...blue or lavendar eyeshadow and blk heavy mascara...and a clutch purse...

think 'chrissy' from three's company...:flower:
or a jumpsuit tucked into a pair of boots..collar up and slvs rolled...

On that jersey note, a dress with a dolman sleeve could work, though it would be harder to find.

sequined mini-skirt- or fringe mini skirt! sorry im just into the mini skirt thing right now, but it could be interpreted as tacky... just an idea

Diamontes, glomesh, animal print, draped jersey, harem pants with strappy heels, boob tubes, plunging crossover V necks, pearlised eyeshadow, esp. white under brow, curls or very sleek pulled back hair

I think all you need is a great pair of jeans and a top, and you can dress it up or down.
It's all about being comfortable, because when you are sure about yourself and feeling good, you usually look good too.. :wink:
Accessorize (cuffs, big earrings, jewellery, purses, bags, scarves.. improvise!) to give it twist. :rofl:

i love disco the style was so cool

gucci r-t-w fall 06

style.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loquillinben
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->