Do Helmut Lang jeans stretch?

tangerine

Soviet Camaro
Reaction score
Just received the ones I ordered from Bluefly. They fit great, except the waist is a bit snug.

Those who have worn HL jeans, can I expect the waist to relax some, or is this pretty much the way it is going to be?

If they are not going to stretch, I should return them... but damn, they are nice!

Don't own any anymore, but from what I've heard they're often mixed with elastane.

^^ Oh, just suck it in! :lol: But truthfully, they stretch very little, or at least that's the case with the 100% cotton ones. My favorite pair held me in for almost 4 years of religious wear, annd the waist was still in good shape at the bitter end, even though the rest was in tatters. (Oh...R.I.P. Helmuts. :( )

/\/\/\ same here. i still have my first helmuts (6 years) and they have now about 7 rips/wholes in them. i can't bring myself to throw them out though. i think i may still wear them once in a while with black long johns underneath - crotch holes be damned! :D .

Thanks all. droogist, :lol: I guess I will suck it in, I love the look & the fit everywhere else. They are the 100% cotton ones so I guess I am on a diet for a few years.

My pair of Helmuts didn't stretch much, if at all...i haven't noticed any and I've had em since Summer 2003.

Dior Homme, on the other hand, stretches like CRAZY. I always wear a belt with my DH's.

FadetoBlack, thanks.

Given that the HLs fit perfectly except for being tight in the waist, do you think that DHs would fit me better? I wouldn't want to go any tighter in the legs, there is just enough room to move with the HL.

tangerine said:
FadetoBlack, thanks.

Given that the HLs fit perfectly except for being tight in the waist, do you think that DHs would fit me better? I wouldn't want to go any tighter in the legs, there is just enough room to move with the HL.

I think DHs fit perfect all around. Price is the only issue with them.

tangerine said:
FadetoBlack, thanks.

Well, if the HL's are fitting a bit tight in the waist, the Diors would probably be more relaxed fitting in that area, as the waist of their jeans is normally cut big for each size, allowing it to sit lower on the hips. The problem with Dior jeans, from my experience is that there is a drastic difference in the tightness of the thighs between certain sizes. For example, given the amount of stretching of fabric, a 30 would most likely be perfect for me, but in that size it's so tight in the legs i don't think the jeans are supposed to fit like that, so I take a 31 which is slightly loose in the waist, but perfect in the legs...and after a short period of wear I find the waist stretches a bit more and makes it hard to wear without a belt. All this is in reference to the 21 cm, 'straight leg' version of the jeans, which is still a slim jean, a bit slimmer in the legs than an HL jean...the tighter model, the 19 cm I find fits better in the waist, but the leg is significantly slimmer, basically the equivalent of slim women's jeans except with a masculine cut.

FtB, thank you! That is good detailed info.

faust, there is one other issue for me with DH, I would have to go to NY to try them on, and if I went that far, I would probably have to buy them, so the price effectively doubles... :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brky1907
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->