Dolce & Gabanna Menswear S/S 2025 Milan

They certainly have been doing great designs for a couple of seasons now, very consistently.
One thing rather interesting to me is that their design quality refocus is possibly pushed by the complete loss of the Chinese market since 2018.
Arguably, the bigotry/racist incident led to a complete boycott from one of the most important markets, making them unable to rely on lucrative logo-centric products to financially sustain themselves in the more established mature markets like that of the West.
I do appreciate their creative output but the brand is still a no-go for me. Good for their loyal customers though.

I’d gladly have pieces from this collection. Really nice and feels very specific to them. Maybe the chair weaving section is bordering on kitsch

Ok it's not a very colorful season in Milan. Not gonna complain about it.

One great look after another, honestly. All of the clothes have a The Sopranos vibe, it's like classic italy with a modern twist. I'm in love with the lapels, they have that ultimate masculinity.

Great soundtrack too.

Very nicely made clothes, with looks lined and edited properly.

But they're still in Alexander Wang territory as people for me.

His posts on the relaunched account get very high engagement. Some of these are rly interesting to read lol.

I like this a lot. It definitely feels chic and fun. I have liked their shows for few seasons now but I think this one is the most accomplished yet. Everything came together perfectly.

Wonderful; I'm not blown away but I'm very impressed by how well edited, varied and expensive everything looks. The slightly oversized fit of many of the formal shirts, the shorts, shoes...all good. And I especially like the jackets that have the cane rattan effect (wonder what the material is, raffia?), which feel quite new.

Moreover this really reminds me of the jetset 70s uniform that Templer used to push in his mens editorials and ads back in the 90s/early 00s which is always a good look for me :cool:!

They certainly have been doing great designs for a couple of seasons now, very consistently.
One thing rather interesting to me is that their design quality refocus is possibly pushed by the complete loss of the Chinese market since 2018.
Arguably, the bigotry/racist incident led to a complete boycott from one of the most important markets, making them unable to rely on lucrative logo-centric products to financially sustain themselves in the more established mature markets like that of the West.
I do appreciate their creative output but the brand is still a no-go for me. Good for their loyal customers though.

Very interesting take actually. Have they really fully left the Chinese market then (I legit don’t know)

Either way, love this collection, I’d wear practically everything. The cut of those shorts is gorgeous ❤️ Prefer this over their outing for Fall, which was almost exclusively black and white. This has jjjjust the right injection of color and pattern. The oxblood is wonderful.

Have they really fully left the Chinese market then (I legit don’t know)
I usually go to China at least once a year. Back in March, I was in Beijing ( aww I love the sunny + dry weather and clear skies of that city in early spring ☀️ 🍃 ), passing by a store of DG and I still see it decorated quite nicely, people still buy Dolce products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->