Dolce & Gabanna Menswear S/S 2025 Milan

They are almost done in China. The store that sells most is their Changsha store...not Beijing nor Shanghai. It's like the store that sells most is in Nashville or in Baltimore ( just taking US market for example so that you guys can understand the comparison lol )

Their Weibo acc is still there, but the interactions on it is still pretty low compare to what it's used to be in the 2010s. China's boycott wave really cannot be underestimated, but after all, this is a country with a very large population. Changsha's population is even much larger than the total population of some European countries.

The boycotting group is mainly millennials, they are an important part of current Chinese social networks. But with the brand gradually removing logos from their products, such as this collection, a portion of Chinese people (of course the % can never be as high as pre 2018) are still buying DG again. Saying the Chinese are logomania has become something of a cliché in 2024 tho. Smart move from the brand i must say

Their Weibo acc is still there, but the interactions on it is still pretty low compare to what it's used to be in the 2010s. China's boycott wave really cannot be underestimated, but after all, this is a country with a very large population. Changsha's population is even much larger than the total population of some European countries.

The boycotting group is mainly millennials, they are an important part of current Chinese social networks. But with the brand gradually removing logos from their products, such as this collection, a portion of Chinese people (of course the % can never be as high as pre 2018) are still buying DG again. Saying the Chinese are logomania has become something of a cliché in 2024 tho. Smart move from the brand i must say
I don't think what I said can be reduced to 'Chinese are logomania'.
The Chinese luxury market and Chinese consumers are definitely not all logo-driven. The market itself, after long exposure to the luxury sectors, continuous growth and wilder discussion, definitely are diversifying its demand.
What I was indicating is that the sheer number of products that could have been sold if the scandal had not happened, and the loss of revenue that did happen could be one of the reasons that the duo's reignited passion to push their design quality.
Logomania was mentioned because, in 2018, branded products were a huge part of every brand's profile. They still are as of today. The simplicity and low cost of producing such products granted the fact that their profit margin is significantly higher than that of a more constructed product (think of a blazer, or suit etc.)
With the sheer population that you also acknowledge, I believe it would not be far-fetched to say that they lost a lot of profit by being boycotted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->