Dom Perignon : Karl Lagerfeld and Claudia Schiffer

liberty33r1b

Reaction score
i didn't know where else to put it. certainly this sounds interesting!:flower:

Fashion Scoops: Blonde Ambition... Bag Du Jour

Published: Thursday, July 05, 2007
BLONDE AMBITION: The latest campaign for Dom Perignon reunites two of Germany's most famous fashion exports: photographer Karl Lagerfeld and model Claudia Schiffer. In it, Schiffer showcases an impressive chameleon quality, cast as a woman who — fueled by glasses of the 1993 vintage called Oenoteque — seduces her man by playing multiple roles: from sexy French maid and androgynous boy-toy to a soulful diva, complete with afro hairstyle. "She was genius to do what she had to do," enthused Lagerfeld, who hosted a party Wednesday night to unveil the campaign, slated to break in September issues. "She played the parts perfectly. It was fun."

Lagerfeld even tapped his private secretary-bodyguard Sebastien Jondeau for one shot, in which he nuzzles the neck of Schiffer in full Marie-Antoinette regalia. Daniel Gaujac, global brand director for Dom Perignon, said Lagerfeld's campaigns have helped land its bottles, which are sold out in advance, into the best boutiques, restaurants and clubs. It's also brought more "glamour and luxury" to Dom Perignon's image. "Otherwise, it's just a wine," he said.

Lagerfeld plans to assemble the 40 images from the "Metamorphosis" campaign into a book. This is Lagerfeld's third campaign for the LVMH-owned drinks brand and he's already bubbling with ideas for the fourth. Gaujac also hinted Lagerfeld would design a special product around its rosé.

wwd.com

the pic:

070507_36.jpg

wow, its exciting that he used a dior couture piece but that picture just sucks....

very 80s esthetics and glam overdose...
thre was a great 6 page spread at French Paris Match but i find the retro mood a bit too heavy and stiff

still, the collaboration must be super exciting for all CS /KL fans

The ads sound promising, but the preview isn't. :judge:

Still, I like Claudia--so I'm glad to see her here!

Its a touch too vampire-ish for my taste.

^yeah, i think she looks great. still very much the supermodel!

the first one for me looks a little bit sexistic but in general i love them
thanks for posting moussemaker, karma for you

The first one's good, very Dangerous Liaisons.

The rest are freakin cheesy though.

The first one's good, very Dangerous Liaisons.

The rest are freakin cheesy though.
Isn't it fantastic though!?

I just love it when they decide to cheese up the theme, it's a way of reminding us that fashion shouldn't be taken so seriously....oh what a cliche.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->