Donna Karan Pre-Fall 2009

Spike413

barcode
Reaction score
NEW YORK, December 10, 2008

By Nicole Phelps

Coming off a season of loose drapes and billowy folds, Donna Karan played with structure for pre-fall in a palette of mostly black, red, and white, along with bold jewel tones for after dark. But Karan's idea of structure is easier than most. Day dresses fell in scallops to right above the knees, while the lapels of jackets were ruched and rumpled. And it doesn't get any softer than an ostrich feather and paillette evening chubby.
01m.jpg
02m.jpg

03m.jpg
04m.jpg

05m.jpg
06m.jpg

style.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say, I like the mood of this. It's maintained a bit of the youthful attitude of S/S but it's much more tough and graphic than Donna's been in a while.

I don't love everything, and the colors of the evening dresses are totally out of left field, but some of the sharper looks leave me looking forward to fall. And I love look #3 in the first post. Head to toe, it's perfect.

^^ in that vein, the 5th dress in post #3 is great - i love the softness of the folds with the hard v-neck and sleeves - very nice!!

Looking good, I expect big things come February.

She's so underrated. She is one of the best at draping. I love almost all these looks.

the thing with donna karan is i always like what i see but i never close the deal and purchase it. dont know why, the vibe is good, she accentuates the good and hides the not so good...maybe its a little to dressy for me.

^ I don't think it's just you. Her really special pieces do tend to veer towards the dressy side.

I think it's a combination of the fabrics, the fit and the areas of skin she exposes. You can only dress down a fitted wool jersey draped dress with a deep v-neck so much.

I have always been a fan of dk, her collections just wouldn't fail!

same for this collection, the drapings are still as divine as ever. I'm not too sure about the pieces with suits in the meantime, but overall, it's love. :D

wow Donna impressed me! Great dresses! I love the sculpture ,sequins and feathers!<3

i think it's all gorgeous, and very beautifully luxe..

there's something really off about the lighting/photography of the lookbook though..

it really doesn't show off the richness of the colour and texture of the fabrics.. :ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful. I admire Donna Karan for her draping. This collection is truly incredible.

I really like it, the drapings along with sharp cuts look pretty good.

I think it's a little too safe, nothing spectacular but still a good collection.

that pantsuit is soo cool , donna karan is hands down one of my fav designers and yeah i like that dressed up chic look her clothes have , but they are sooooooooooo damn comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beese
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->