Donna Karan Pre-Fall 2008

This is really well designed. Very beautiful pieces, I especially like the last two looks, the evening dresses. They are very beautiful and I love the little ribbon in their hair...it really adds a lot to the whole look. Good job, Donna.

Complete collection:

01m.jpg
02m.jpg

03m.jpg
04m.jpg

05m.jpg
06m.jpg

style.com

Final look:
43m.jpg

Review from Style.com:

NEW YORK, January 9, 2008 – Donna Karan's relaunched bag collection got most of the attention at a small cocktail party at her Tenth Avenue showroom tonight, but there was plenty to admire in the nonchalant ease of the pre-fall line that was also on display. Mixing masculine and feminine elements, Karan paired tailored, military-influenced jackets with fluid skirts made from gauzy layers of tissue-weight fabric, and draped soft musketeer blouses over relaxed jodhpurs. In fact, layering was a key motif, with Mongolian lamb vests topping jackets and coats. As for colors, she described them as "shadows": browns and grays that you might see in the Northern woods. They contributed to the overall mood, which was as sensual and urban as always, but softer and less aggressive, too.

– Nicole Phelps

I LOVE the eveningwear...gorgeous draping.

This reminds me of a mix between Calvin Klein FW 07 and Louis Vuitton FW 07.

god it's a big collection isnt it . . some of the draping is a bit much for me and i don't like the clunky footwear or the berets . . but i quite like most of the other looks
. . the colours are beautiful and the layered looks are really nice w/ the slim pants and heavier tops. . the 2nd look in post #22 is perfect :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
Horrible footwear but so much of this is lovely. A modern day poet, rly... :heart:

I am still getting a Anglomania by VW / Madeleine Vionnet vibe. The eveningwear is esp. Vionnet-esque.

Last edited by a moderator:
does anyone of those amex commercials with dk and that b/w dress at the end? does anyone know what collection it's from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->