Dorian Reeves

cont.

Vogue Italia 07/2014 Digital Edition

Interview with World of Models

Model Dorian Reeves: fortunate enough to work with creative minds

15 jul, 2014

I’m known as a Curious George because I love to learn and share what I know. I’d describe myself as optimistic, endlessly curious, a dreamer, youthful, and energetic.

I was born in Edmonton, Alberta, raised in the small town of Medicine Hat, Alberta. Now I live in New York City. I love being around people just as much as I love having time to myself. I find myself daydreaming and I can’t get enough of physical activity. The sky is my favorite thing to look at and I appreciate nothing more than a strong espresso and a good book.
Becoming a model: fortunate enough to work with creative minds
I decided to test my luck and go into Mode Models one day. It took them quite a while to call me back, but they finally did and I’d never been so ecstatic.
Since then, I have been fortunate enough to work with fantastic photographers and creative minds alike. Steven Meisel, Steven Klein, and Nico Bustos to name a few.
The moment I give my complete trust to the photographer is the moment I become myself in front of the camera, that has to be my favorite part about modeling – coming alive in front of the camera. It’s all the little moments that add up.
Posing to photographers: connection and chemistry

I like making a connection with the photographer; I have to feel some sort of chemistry. Without it, I can’t show my true nature nor take a powerful photo. I prepare by clearing my mind. This helps me mold into character.
Catwalks´ experiences

When I´m walking down the catwalk I feel how happy I am to be there
The Life Ball fashion show in Vienna, Austria was one of my favorite catwalk experiences. Walking in front an audience of 30,0000 people is something I’ll never forget. Though my heart was racing – I loved every moment of it.
I’ve walked for the likes of Missoni, Versace, DSquared, and others.

Male models x Female models; who rule?
Because of social media like Instagram and Twitter, male models are now able to compete with similar exposure as female models. My agent, Jason Kanner at Soul Artist Management http://soulartistmanagement.com/ has been re-creating the male supermodel.
I feel blessed to be a part of what’s happening now in the modeling industry as the #ReturnOfTheMaleSupermodel is becoming a reality. Linda Evangelista and Marcus Schenkenberg have inspired me the most.
Dorian´s style: a fashionista?
I’ve always had a passion for fashion. However, growing up in a small town didn’t necessarily feed that passion. Living in New York has definitely changed things for me. Allowing me to be myself as freely as I like. While I love wearing Lululemon, I try creating a contrasted look between New York cool to Paris chic to LA’s more chilled out style.

Dating X Loving
With my current schedule and constant traveling, I’ve put dating on the backburner. However, I always keep my eye out :wink:

Sports
Sport: Hockey
Team: Edmonton Oilers
Player: Taylor Hall
Atracting someone´s attention
Smiling
The craziest thing you’ve ever done in a summer time season
I’d have to say working road construction. Oddly enough –I really enjoyed it.
Fav body part and why
Legs – they’re just something my eyes are drawn to.
If you could have a super power what would it be? Who’s your favorite superhero?
Endless energy and my fav superhero is Batman
Earliest childhood memory
Playing dress up and taking pictures in the kitchen.

Nickname in school
Duri
Fav booking so far and why
The cover of Vogue Italia alongside Raquel Zimmermann in nothing but Versace underwear. Shooting for Vogue was a huge milestone in my career.
In your IPOD
I love Miguel and anything from The Doors, to The Chemical Brothers, to The Weekend.
Fav food
Sushi!!!
If you weren´t a model you´d be…
Dancing and acting.
An unforgettable moment
Coming home and seeing my family for the first time in six months.
Motto
“Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can and will achieve.” -
Napolean Hill

worldofmodelsrocks.com

When we heard dozens of (mostly straight) male models were headed to Fire Island to celebrate top mod Chad White’s 30th birthday, The Daily decided to get on the ferry and take a day trip. All for you! Along the way we caught up with Soul Artist mods Chad, Max Papendieck, Dan Murphy, Sean Harju, and Jeremy Santucci. Plus! Think models are different than you? We’ve found a few examples of common ground…

fashionweekdaily.com

ODD S/S 2015 New York

ODD+Presentation+Mercedes+Benz+Fashion+Week+le_TIYilSoHl.jpg
ODD+Presentation+Mercedes+Benz+Fashion+Week+LoTmbDiCLHbl.jpg

zimbio.com

Wonder if he can dye his hair a little bit darker, I think it can really bring out his eyes and skintone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->