Douglas Hannant F/W 07.08 NYC

peacelover142002

go red sox
Reaction score
NEW YORK, February 2, 2007 – With his girls Debbie Bancroft, Valesca Guerrand-Hermès, and Lorraine Bracco perched in the front row, Douglas Hannant sent out a tenth-anniversary collection full of expensive-looking little skirt suits and endlessly bejeweled evening confections that appeal to women of a certain zip code—and upon which he's built his label. Taking the Renaissance as an inspiration, the designer inserted corsetry laces in the side seams of a fitted velvet jacket and at the back of a strapless gown. Cocktail dresses in metallic tweed came with puffed poet's sleeves or a tucked ruffle at the hem. And tiny silk Fortuny pleats cascaded from a ruff accented with a contrasting velvet bow.

Backstage, the designer explained that the theme stopped at the silhouette, which was lean and modern. "It's time to be sexy again," he said. And so, for good measure, he tossed in a couple of flirty flapper dresses—one in tiers of gold chain fringe, another in black ostrich feathers—and a sequin tunic that in its brevity, channeled Edie Sedgwick more than the Mona Lisa. These last had a freshness that, a decade in, suggest Hannant sees the value in wooing a younger social set.

– Nicole Phelps

00010m.jpg
00020m.jpg
00030m.jpg

00040m.jpg
00050m.jpg
00060m.jpg

style.com

I was not impressed with this collection. It seems like leftovers from last fall - a rip-off mix of YSL (especially the short gold dress) and Giorgio Armani.

The only dress I liked:
00020m.jpg

style.com

:blink:
what a horrible ill fitted collection , wont be helped by those cheap t*t slips either

only piece i liked was the satin onepiece 'catsuit'

thanks for posting the pics :flower:

Learn how to properly make a top that doesn't fall of someone's chest and come back next year.

Also Dr. Melfi from the Sorpanos (Loraine Bracco) was there looking rather....bloated in Bill Blass.

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't like it....the staging, and the clothes looks just plain ordinary to me...

blah. some of the metallic minidresses are nice, but thats as much as i can say about this

A few of the shorter dresses are quite nice but the majority of it leaves much to be desired. The fit on a lot of pieces is horrible and it just makes the collection look cheap.

Gross! It's boring, ill-fitting and uninspired. It looks like he stole dresses from the past few seasons. Not nice :(

i see wannabe's everywhere!!! am i crazy or everyone still wants to look like tom ford p*rno-chic??? if at least any of them made it right!! looks terrible

I agree 100% I was on style.com and thought the same thing! I HAD to come look on hrere to see what everyone said....so glad we are on the same page.

I think for the most part it is tooooo busy

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LA REGINA
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->