drkshdw by rick owens

kLm

Reaction score
Does anyone know where else to get it NY other than Atelier? I didn't see it at Barney's, but I haven't been since September. Aloharag is carrying it, but they have really small sizes. I wanted to get the jeans at Atelier, but they sold out of all of them before I could try them on. I did get the ultralong hooded sweatshirt which I absolutely love. For a collection that is slightly expensive basics, I like it way more than I should.

Because I can't find much online: Dark Shadow, Rick Owens, drkshdw. Google, have at it!

damn kLm all those description words you used is tempting me...it does sound like basically a line of expensive basics, but somehow your post managed to capture it in a way that drew me in and now I want to buy all of it.

I'm a fashion/marketing victim, big time.

Fade to Black said:
damn kLm all those description words you used is tempting me...it does sound like basically a line of expensive basics, but somehow your post managed to capture it in a way that drew me in and now I want to buy all of it.

I'm a fashion/marketing victim, big time.

Well, I bought a piece at Harvey Nichols in Hong Kong, so go take a look.

I don't think I can wait that long. Does Atelier have anything good in from dark shadow right now?

kLm said:
Does anyone know where else to get it NY other than Atelier? I didn't see it at Barney's, but I haven't been since September. Aloharag is carrying it, but they have really small sizes. I wanted to get the jeans at Atelier, but they sold out of all of them before I could try them on. I did get the ultralong hooded sweatshirt which I absolutely love. For a collection that is slightly expensive basics, I like it way more than I should.

Because I can't find much online: Dark Shadow, Rick Owens, drkshdw. Google, have at it!

It is in Barneys, some light brown (or dark beige rather) jeans and cotton sweatshirts.

faust said:
It is in Barneys, some light brown (or dark beige rather) jeans and cotton sweatshirts.

Hmm, I'll have to look. I've seen the jeans three different places, and all for over $400, which is not in my price range--though they are nice jeans. I don't know why the ones on Aloharag are almost half the price I've seen other places--maybe they are a different cut.

FtB, I haven't been to NY in a while, so I'm not sure what Atelier has in stock. It was cheaper in HK too, for some reason.

The stuff on Aloha Rag doesn't do much of anything for me. :neutral:

AlexN said:
The stuff on Aloha Rag doesn't do much of anything for me. :neutral:

Yeah, none of the pieces there look very interesting.

kLm said:
Hmm, I'll have to look. I've seen the jeans three different places, and all for over $400, which is not in my price range--though they are nice jeans. I don't know why the ones on Aloharag are almost half the price I've seen other places--maybe they are a different cut.

FtB, I haven't been to NY in a while, so I'm not sure what Atelier has in stock. It was cheaper in HK too, for some reason.

It was these. I didn't look at the price though, but you can call them.

http://www.aloharag.com/highseas/assets/images/english/store/men/ds/denim/ds8351dust/ds8351dust.htm

That's annoying. A drkshdw shirt I bought at Atelier for $190 is $125 on aloharag. Hmph.

baklanyc said:
That's annoying. A drkshdw shirt I bought at Atelier for $190 is $125 on aloharag. Hmph.

Yea, A's mark ups are climing, aren't they? The multizippered Raf Simons hoody is $1400 there, $1k in Barneys. That's a hefty difference.

faust said:
Yea, A's mark ups are climing, aren't they? The multizippered Raf Simons hoody is $1400 there, $1k in Barneys. That's a hefty difference.

Oooh, I didn't know Barney's had that. I really want that hoody. I think I posted it about it in one of the Raf threads. I'm sure I did. Bad Faust!

I can't figure out why the hell those jeans are so much cheaper on aloharag than I've seen everywhere else. If I could remember what cut the Berlin ones were, I'd order them, but in one of the two cuts, I wore a 32, and in the other, a 36.

kLm said:
Oooh, I didn't know Barney's had that. I really want that hoody. I think I posted it about it in one of the Raf threads. I'm sure I did. Bad Faust!

I can't figure out why the hell those jeans are so much cheaper on aloharag than I've seen everywhere else. If I could remember what cut the Berlin ones were, I'd order them, but in one of the two cuts, I wore a 32, and in the other, a 36.

:lol: Sorry, sorry. Yea, Rick Owens is weird, I had 29 jeans that were LOOSE, and I'm a 32.

Barney's carries Raf Simons? I gotta check that out...is it on the designers 3rd floor or on the co-op level w/ Junya, etc.? For some reason I have never recalled seeing Raf there.

faust said:
Well, percentagewise, they're both awfully steep markups. While I like the people at Atelier, I am going to think thrice about giving them my money in the future, if at all. $1400 versus $1000 is 40% more. $65 more than $125 is over 50% more expensive! That's insane. Also, they're selling finger gloves for $250 a pop - I know where I can get them made to order, fit to your hands, by industry and editorial glove resources, for $50 retail.

I feel like I don't trust them anymore. :angry:

Knowing that, I don't see how you could even consider giving them your money. That kind of markup should be a crime!

baklanyc said:
Well, percentagewise, they're both awfully steep markups. While I like the people at Atelier, I am going to think thrice about giving them my money in the future, if at all. $1400 versus $1000 is 40% more. $65 more than $125 is over 50% more expensive! That's insane. Also, they're selling finger gloves for $250 a pop - I know where I can get them made to order, fit to your hands, by industry and editorial glove resources, for $50 retail.

Actually those gloves are 295! I loved them so much but 295 is ridiculous. I just went and bought leather gloves off the street and sewed my own, all for the insane price of...12.00

The Undercover boots I wanted had a mark up of 65% as well from Japanese retail, I had a friend of mine order it for me and send it to me, saved me nearly $500.00.

I love atelier, the atmosphere and staff, but the prices I agree are a bit criminal.

baklanyc said:

Yea, I agree. It's not right.

Actually, I've noticed that Barneys is pretty consistent and fair with their markups. What's your opinion on that?

FtB, Raf is on 3rd. Check out his knitwear especially. AMAZING.

Last edited by a moderator:
mouko said:
Actually those gloves are 295! I loved them so much but 295 is ridiculous. I just went and bought leather gloves off the street and sewed my own, all for the insane price of...12.00

The Undercover boots I wanted had a mark up of 65% as well from Japanese retail, I had a friend of mine order it for me and send it to me, saved me nearly $500.00.

I love atelier, the atmosphere and staff, but the prices I agree are a bit criminal.

The strappy, floppy Undercover boots? I loved those, but they were like $1200.

Are you guys talking about the finger gloves, as in, just the finger bits of the glove? I saw those, and if you're saying those were $295, that is a f'cking joke. I was thinking about those on my way to work this morning because I was cold and thought about how ridiculously un-useful they'd be.

If I had known drkshdw was at Barney's I definitely would have comparison-shopped. I've never really gone to any floor other than 3, so I didn't even know they had Junya until about 60 seconds ago..

kLm said:
The strappy, floppy Undercover boots? I loved those, but they were like $1200.

Are you guys talking about the finger gloves, as in, just the finger bits of the glove? I saw those, and if you're saying those were $295, that is a f'cking joke. I was thinking about those on my way to work this morning because I was cold and thought about how ridiculously un-useful they'd be.

If I had known drkshdw was at Barney's I definitely would have comparison-shopped. I've never really gone to any floor other than 3, so I didn't even know they had Junya until about 60 seconds ago..

Junya on 5th is one of those unsolved Barneys mysteries. I'd advise them to switch Junya to 3rd and put Duckie Brown on 5th (better yet, discontinue carrying it altogether). CDG Shirt line is there too - maybe they think Junya is a CDG diffusion line? They also have N.D.C made by hand shoes on 5th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->