Duo Team Photographers

ong.nicholas

Reaction score
hello

seems like there is a growing trend of duo team photographers (mert+marcus, shun+hideki, inez+vindooh, jenny gage+tom batterton, etc). does anyone know how these people shoot? how's their workflow like? do they take turns shooting the subject or shoot together?

Here is how Indekofer & Knoepfel shoot:
Most couples can’t agree on what to have for dinner, so how do Swiss photographers Stefan Indlekofer and Claudia Knoepfel manage to collaborate on their fashion shoots? “Both of us have a camera, so we are shooting at the same time,” Claudia explains. “Later on, Stefan is having a beer at the bar and I finish the job.” Since first working together two years ago, the newlyweds’ work has appeared in German Vogue, Italian Marie Claire, Suddeutsche agazine, and Russian Harper’s Bazaar.
[city-magazine.com]

From what I know, many of the team photographers sometimes shoot solo jobs but it's still the duo name behind it. Their styles are so similar and developed together you can never tell who shot it. Sometimes as well, one shoots while the other acts as art director.

Blinkk are a trio (Annelise Howard-Phillips, Leila Namaan, Damien Laurent), and a pretty good one. The only allusion to their technique I could find was a reference to the outcome, from their agency, webberrepresents.com: '...a combination that results in a more creative rather than soley photographic vision.' My curiousity's piqued.

is this kind of "new" in fashion? or were there any famous duos 30,40 years ago?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iukuk
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->