Duro Olowu for Jcpenney

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Jcpenney is launching a limited-edition designer collaboration this spring! This is a new initiative for the retailer, which like Target (Jason Wu, Missoni, and now Prabal Gurung), Kohl’s (Narciso Rodriguez, Derek Lam), and Macy’s (Giambattista Valli, Karl Lagerfeld), now makes it really easy for shoppers to score designer duds for non-designer prices. To kick it off, jcp brought Print Mix Master Duro Olowu on board for an everything-is-under-$100 lineup set to hit stores this March. “I’ve always said no to collaborations, but I thought jcpenney was a great opportunity,” the Nigerian-born, London-based designer—and favorite of First Lady Michelle Obama—told InStyle.com at an exclusive preview of the line in New York. “I’ve always tried to give women a sense of inner beauty with joy, and now it’s just the right time to make that more democratic. When I was thinking about this collection, I wanted to give American classic shapes and ideas a global flair.” And that’s just what he did—infusing his eye-popping prints like gingham, brocade, and floral on clothes (skirts, blouses, trench coats), accessories (jewelry, shoes, bags), and home items (dishes, luggage, trays, and notebooks). He even brought pals into the mix, including artist Bella Foster to develop the painterly prints and fashion icon Iris Apfel to create multi-colored bags and necklaces. “This collection is for anyone, from 18 to 80,” Olowu added. “Everything has a flattering element, whether you mix prints or pull out one piece and keep it simple.” (instyle)

Attachments

• duro.jpg
    duro.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 10
I am looking forward to it and hope it does well. Having said that I don't like that sample look, I think that the pieces look good individually but together it is too noisy. I could appreciate it in a runway show, and perhaps I am underestimating the JC Penney customer, but I think that it would have been better to show looks that are closer to how a JC Penney customer would actually wear them.

i like this look. shefinds

Attachments

• doro.jpg
    doro.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chelseabrewer
Back