Dutch Magazine

C Plus

Reaction score
Does anyone know about the creative team behind the now defunct 'Dutch' magazine and whether they started a new publication?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

C+

Unfortunately, ZOO proved to be a ridiculous disaster, a mediocre attempt copy of DUTCH. One was expected much more from Sandor Lubbe, which proves that the multi-talented Matthias Vriens was DUTCH real mentor! Matthias Vriens was DUTCH editor in chief for 11 legendary issues between 1997 and 1999

From what i see of Zoo, it doesn't attempt the high fashion outfit that charachterised DUTCH. Zoo seems a totally different approach, more musically, portrait and 'real people' oriented. Fashion makes up a small part of it with only about 3 or 4 fashion stories.. though i could be wrong.

C Plus said:
Zoo seems a totally different approach, more musically, portrait and 'real people' oriented. Fashion makes up a small part of it with only about 3 or 4 fashion stories.. though i could be wrong.

you must be speaking of ZOO issue 11, which was their first music issue, a boring imitation of the L'UOMO VOGUE music issues ... the other back issues were focused in fashion and a few celebrities.

Zoo Magazine

It is an old subject, however I wonder how you all feel about the Zoo Magazine now. My favourites are the one with Mickey Rourke on the cover, and the one with Amy Winehouse. Bryan Adams does a lot of photography for the magazine, like the ones with Amy . Now that she has spend time again in the Caribbbean on invite of Bryan Adams, I feel the next issue of the Zoo Magazine might be worth something....
Anyway I like the magazine a lot. Ever since the Dutch I am not so fascinated by most, but Zoo Magazine does surprise me a lot , I like the editorials.

I love Dutch. Too bad it ceased publication before I got into fashion.

I was very happy to buy 10 copies for only €20,- a few weeks ago.

From what I've seen so far I like it very much. Maybe we can make this thread into a Dutch tribute?

yes great idea

Yes, I would like to have two new topics, one for Dutch ( I would upload my favorite pics !!) and one for Zoo , where I can share the fun of sharing pics too.

I love Dutch. Too bad it ceased publication before I got into fashion.

I was very happy to buy 10 copies for only €20,- a few weeks ago.

From what I've seen so far I like it very much. Maybe we can make this thread into a Dutch tribute?

:shock::shock:lucky you....!!!:o

^I know, on Ebay they are selling single copies for €40,-

do we already have a thread for everything-Dutch?, I feel like we do but I could only find this one. :unsure:
anyway, I've been trying to find the person who styled this story but no results, does anyone know here? (maybe mr. mikel tencopies? :lol:)

Dutch no. 38
Photographed by Thomas Schenk
model: karolina kurkova

23ksxoi.jpg
2hp3sw9.jpg

zol8i.jpg
1znlcer.jpg

I have that issue, but it's stacked away somewhere. If I remember correctly it's regular Thomas Schenk contributor Joanne Blades.

I was never that fond of Dutch, although the rare few copies that I ever found in stores were always tattered and torn, so there was never the joy of having a pristine copy to treasure.

I found an old issue in my house last year, and ripped it up, saving a few pages and throwing the rest out in my recycling bin - but given the sheer number of exposed body parts on those pages, I wouldn't have been surprised if the binmen figured I was a p*rn fiend.

thanks, mikel. I figured it was Blades, it certainly looks like her work. :heart:

that's crazy, tigerrouge, I've always fantasized about owning at least one Dutch issue :lol:.. never seen a dull story, they're all quite mesmerizing when it comes to styling.

I think I have this issue, I will search tomorrow ... as Mikel said it's almost certain that Joanne Blades styled this editorial ... she was the fashion director and used to copy everything from other magazines...:ninja:

mullet i had that issue too but unfortunately i think it got tossed during a move. i have to say it's very jane how too but i can't remember if she contributed to dutch.

it's indeed a Joanne Blades story, 12 pages.

Dutch January/February 2002

source: Celebrity Pictures

I have a couple of covers.I'll fish them out this afternoon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patda02
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->