Prada S/S 2017 HQ/Closeup

vogue/theimpression

Christopher Raeburn F/W 2017
theimpression

Blood Brother F/W 2017 Presentation
instagram/niyamodels+bloodbrother

A Model Home: Dylan Fender

Where are you from?
I'm from Palo Cedro, California. A lovely town with a population of around 1,000 people, in Northern California.
Tell us about your apartment now - what neighborhood and how long have you lived here?
I'm staying with some friends of mine, in East Williamsburg/Bushwick. I've been staying here off and on since June of this year. It's mostly empty, we've only just began to decorate.
Favorite restaurant in your neighborhood? Favorite store? Favorite bar?
Roberta's Pizza is down here, I think it's alright. My friends also really like the falafel place close by, but I can't remember the name. Favorite store in the neighborhood? I often shop at Brooklyn Natural, but I've started to just head to Trader Joe's instead. However, Lantern Hall by the apartments is rad as hell, and one of my favorite bars. Super roomy, great food, and they constantly have Mario Kart 64/Smash Bros Melee in the back.
What is your morning routine like?
-Wake up two hours before any appointment/casting.
-Take it easy, get out of bed 30 minutes after waking up
-Cook up some eggs or eat some granola
-Shower and shave
-Wear the outfit I chose for myself the night prior.
-Map the destination and head out.
Do you have roommates? What do they do?
The people I live with all go to FIT. They're absolutely lovely. Two of them are photo majors, and the other is in marketing.
What do you love most about living in NYC?
The amount of things to do, and the amount of things that happen.
What do you love most about your apartment?
It's on the same block as an L train, and I didn't realize how huge of a blessing that was to my stress-levels, and timing.
What Zodiac sign are you?
Leo
Any nicknames?
I'm often called Dyl by loved ones and those close to me, or Fender by work-friends.
If you could have dinner with anyone, alive or dead, who would it be and why?
I can't think of any historical figure currently, but I sure would love to have dinner with my grandfather again.
What accomplishment are you most proud of?
Coming to NYC, and carving a fast-track to adulthood.
How do you like to spend a rainy day?
Indoors, preferably with some nice reading material or a nice album to relax to.
What's your spirit animal?
Awe, man I don't know. An elk? I'd like to think that, anyway. I asked two of my close friends independent of each other, and they both coincidentally said, "a big cat." One said a Panther, then other said a Puma. I thought that was kind of lovely.
Biggest vice?
I would say I am slowly growing out of my terrible habit of procrastination. I've always struggled with just doing things, but in the past year I have started to realize how liberating it feels to just get things done.
What's your favorite late night snack?
Since my childhood, I've always prepared cereal or oatmeal at night for a quick meal. I'm doing my best to deviate from it, but it's just too filling and quick. Although after I've brushed my teeth at night, water is the only thing I will have~
If you could change the world, how would you do it?
I think one small step at a time. Treat people kindly, leave a pleasant experience. Maybe that will influence others to do the same.
Favorite color, and why?
I've always been in love with the color green, in its deeper hues. It feels serene, it feels good. Have you ever been in love?
I'm not entirely sure what love is supposed to feel like, but I am sure that what I currently feel is certainly the closest I've ever been to truly feeling love for another person. I feel fortunate to be able to feel this way. We will see where it takes me.
Describe your style?
It depends on location. I only pack a few things on my journeys from home. Usually 5 black shirts, black jeans and two pairs of shoes. Along with nightly clothing. I know it's boring, but it helps keep my luggage light. Back home I have more freedom with my clothing choices. I thrift often, mixing thrift-finds with pricier pieces I've saved for. As much as I love black in New York or abroad, I love colors a bit more when I am back home. I have a quilted red and pink coat I wear often, along with my lovely peach-embroidered pink hat. Awe man I'm sorry this is a bit long, I suppose my style would be..confident and comfortable. See, it would be way too vague if I started with that.
Favorite place you've ever traveled and why?
I really enjoyed traveling Germany. I suppose it was mainly because I traveled with my father along the countryside, and had become closer with him there. I'd say the California-Oregon coast is a close second. That is the most beautiful trip I have had the pleasure of traveling.
Where would you like to travel to?
I would really enjoy taking a trip to Vancouver next. I heard it's quite pleasant there.
Favorite song to dance to?
Gobbledigook by Sigur Ros, or Who Could Win a Rabbit by Animal Collective.
Describe your happy place:
There is this hike in Utah, and not far up it is this river that runs through some boulders. If you travel off of the trail you can find two large boulders that are perfect to rest on and eat a snack and watch the trees sway. I don't think I've ever been in a mood that wasn't happy when I am there.
If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
Okay, I was going to say mind-control because you could get soo many things done, but I think I'd feel too bad removing people's free-will. Maybe have extreme luck or something. Same thing but you're playing with chance instead of people.
Favorite movie?
The first movie I remember sticking with me was Toto le Héros. I caught it on tv one night and I'm really happy I did. I don't watch enough good movies though. My friend Reid is a huge cinephile and it makes me want to critically watch actually great films.
Tell us about your first kiss:
It's such a boring story. I had a pseudo-girlfriend in middle school, and she pecked me on the lips in art class. I almost wish I had a cute amazing story about it, but once it happened it felt like a checkmark off of my adolescent bucket-list.
Favorite model of all-time?
Awe man, easy. Kieran Jarvis. Before I became I model I'd see him all over ssense.com and he was like, THE Ssense model. I think I bought a few items that he modeled. He's got a pretty iconic look, A year later he became one of my closest friends in NYC.
Who would you most like to work with?
I would love to work with Olivier Rizzo again. I worked with him previously for the Prada show, and he was absolutely lovely as well as incredibly talented.
What's your fashion dream or goal?
My dream has already been quite accomplished many times over. I just wanted to walk in a show! Besides financial and relationship goals in relation to fashion, I don't really have one. Is that bad? This isn't the type of industry where hard work is the sole factor of success. So I do my best at each show, editorial, job etc that I get. I'm more stoked about my job when I have no expectations.
papermag

Last edited by a moderator:
Tank Magazine September 2016
"Clean & Serene"
tankmagazine

Interview Magazine September 2016
models/interviewmagazine

Open Lab Magazine August 2016
"The Cutting Edge"
facebook/mikeyasanin

Prada S/S 2017 Eyewear
instagram/ilove_model