Egor Semenov

Uzbekistani model Egor Semenov is one of those with wide-set eyes, impossibly high cheekbones, and utterly flawless skin. No retouching needed for this lad, who landed Dior Homme this Paris men’s fashion week season. He’d just finished that particular show when I took this shot.

fashionising

Lucio Castro F/W 14.15 New York

Lucio+Castro+Presentation+Mercedes+Benz+Fashion+djl6QRy0LOkl.jpg
Lucio+Castro+Presentation+Mercedes+Benz+Fashion+d4zLcJlWK9gl.jpg

zimbio.com

Uzbekistan-born, New York-based Egor Semenov (Elite Paris, D’man Milan, Q New York) was scouted online just about a year ago and made his debut in Milan, opening the Fall/Winter 2014 Trussardi show. He has since opened and closed Comme des Garcons’ Spring 2014 show, and walked for Dior Homme, Juun J., Rick Owens, Robert Geller, and Nicholas K, among others. We caught up with Egor, who talked about dancing, why he loves Kris Van Assche, being smart, and more …

The Fashion Law - How old are you and where are you from?

Egor Semenov – I’m 21. I’m from Tashkent, this is the capital of Uzbekistan. My first show was in Milan in January of 2013. It was Trussardi, also I was the first face in the show.

The Fashion Law - Tell me about being discovered. It was on Models.com, right?

Egor Semenov - This is true. I was scouted on models.com by my first agent, Sean. I’d been in my hometown, and trying to find an agency. I had already worked with small agency in Tashkent, but I thought about the next level in this profession, and that’s why I was trying to find a European agency. You know, I had sent so many photos and fielded so many talent sheets, but it was just one answer for me. Everyone said NO!

But, I never give up. I knew about models.com and I created my page on this. I was waiting for some responses during the first 1-2 months, and at last, Sean sent me massage with asking about more photos of me and some snaps. I did it. And one month later, I was in Paris for the first time. It was like a dream for me, you know. Even now, sometimes I can’t believe in my luck.

The Fashion Law - What were you doing prior to be discovered?

Egor Semenov - My life before modeling was interesting, too. I graduated medical college, and I was a dancer from when I was 5 until I turned 15. I am proud of myself for it because I was the winner in many international competitions, and I worked really hard. But my dancing career is over, and now I’ve got different aims and dreams. So, I’m glad about my life now. I don’t want to change anything.

The Fashion Law - Prior to being discovered did you think you were “model material”?

Egor Semenov - It’s good question. To be honest, yes. [laughs] But in my school I was not really popular, and I didn’t like myself, I was trying to change my look, etc. But after I graduated, I started to understand that I have got a weird look. I never dreamed about a modeling career, and even a few years ago, I wouldn’t have thought I would ever be a model. It was hard to believe, though, because I lived in place, which doesn’t have any fashion business.

The Fashion Law - Do you actually care about fashion? Do you have a designer or design house that you really like or want to work with?

Egor Semenov - I can’t say that I follow all fashion, but I work in this busines, and this made me to aware of the latest trends of course.

I’ve already made my dream came true. I’ve done Dior!!! It was an awesome show!!! The team for Dior was amazing, Kris Van Assche is one of my favorite designers. His work is very impressive! But I’ve got more design houses that I want to work with. And one of these is Gucci. I adore it! I want to be part of that great team!

The Fashion Law - What is the best part, in your opinion, about being a model? (Other than traveling – which is usually everyone’s first answer)

Egor Semenov - Traveling, of course! Also, I think the best part about being a model is living an absolutely different life. Fashion shows, editorials, shootings and etc. It’s so interesting and everybody thinks that you are so glam and cool! But it’s wrong. Modeling is not a glam professional. It’s hard.

The Fashion Law - What has surprised you the most about the fashion/modeling industries?

Egor Semenov - I’ve already told you about the glam side of modeling. I thought like this before I started, but when I went to Fashion Week for the first time, I’ve really realized the hard sides of this business. Clients always want to see you happy, and sometimes it’s really hard to do.

The Fashion Law - There is a stereotype that models aren’t smart (which I actually don’t agree with as so many of you guys speak a bunch of languages, are pursuing school or other projects at the same time, etc.). What do you think?

Egor Semenov - I don’t agree with this stereotype! I’ve got some model friends, who are smarter than Einstein!!! [laughs] And Actually I don’t think I am stupid. I’ve graduated medical college and I even know Latin language. It’s just act of envy when people say all models are stupid, I think.

The Fashion Law - How do you think you are different from other models?

Egor Semenov - I think all models think they are different! [laughs] I don’t think that I have got some supernatural power. All people are the same a little bit. Everybody wants have a good life, friends, to be popular in their busines, and models are not an exception.

Sometimes I think that I’m different, sometimes not. Yes, I’ve got a weird look, but it doesn’t mean that I’m different. I’m just a man with my dreams, my life, my imaginations and other bullsh*t. [laughs]

The Fashion Law - You’ve done pretty well so far in your career. Do you think you’re good looking?

Egor Semenov - It depends. You know, when I book a good job, I think that I am. When I don’t get the job, I think that I should be trying harder. To be honest, I believe that I will be on top, because I can wait for good moments and never give up! You’ll see, I will!

The Fashion Law - What are you obsessed with right now?

Egor Semenov - To be honest, I want to be best in my business, whether it is modeling or something else. I want to be on top now. Other than that, I’m a really happy person. I’ve got my job, friends. What else could I possibly want?
thefashionlaw.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chanel49
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->