Elena Anaya

TORONTO, ON - SEPTEMBER 11: actress Elena Anaya attends Sony Pictures Classics 20th Anniversary Party at the 2011 Toronto International Film Festival on September 11, 2011 in Toronto, Canada.

daylife, zimbio

I really don't like that dress she wore in the above pictures...

e6d3d13244f68e8d84d4aa4.jpg

TORONTO, ON - SEPTEMBER 12: Actress Elena Anaya of 'The Skin I Live In' poses during the 2011 Toronto Film Festival at Guess Portrait Studio on September 12, 2011 in Toronto, Canada.
x610g.jpg

toronto.com, daylife

Studio Cine Live France N29 Aout Septembre 2011 ebook30

ROME, ITALY - SEPTEMBER 20: (L to R) Actor Antonio Banderas, director Pedro Almodovar and actress Elena Anaya attend 'The Skin I Live In' (La Piel Que Habito) premiere at Embassy Cinema on September 20, 2011 in Rome, Italy.

daylife

Spanish actress Elena Anaya poses on September 21, 2011 during the promotion of the film 'The Skin I Live In' by Spanish director Pedro Almadovar in the center of Rome.

2cs8ax0.jpg

fjm54j.jpg

15ml0sy.jpg

28bzbls.jpg

xfudk6.jpg

2r59v6t.jpg

getty

she's so beautiful and I love the shoes she wore to the Rome premiere

also, I can't wait to see this movie. I wonder how long it will take to get to the US

She look so much like the girl form The Lying Game

Studio Cine Live France N 28 Juillet 2011 by Nicolas Guerin and Marcel Hartmann
ebook30

Sooooo beautiful! Skin I live in is playing in Vancouver this Friday but I have work, but I might call in sick to see it..hehe

Elena Anaya Stars in Band of Outsiders' Fall/Winter Campaign

Scott Sternberg founded his Band of Outsiders cool cool line of mens’ clothes in 2004, and since become a big hit with guys who want to wear great clothes but do not want to look overdressed or like they’re trying too hard. In these clothes, they don’t have to.

Then Sternberg started a women’s line he ironically calls Boy. Sure, these clothes have a bit of boyish edge – but they’re all woman.
To wit, he got beautiful Spanish actress Elena Anaya – who plays a very controversial role in Pedro Almodovar’s new film The Skin I Live In, opening October 14 – to model the looks in the Boy fall/winter 2011 lookbook. The pics were shot at a residence in Beverly Hills on vintage Polaroid film. The clothes for this season of Boy were inspired by Ally Sheedy in The Breakfast Club – of all things!

hollywoodreporter

Last edited by a moderator:
Pedro Almodovar, Elena Anaya and Antonio Banderas attend the 49th annual New York Film Festival presentation of "The Skin I Live In" at Alice Tully Hall, Lincoln Center on October 12, 2011 in New York City.

zimbio

Actress Elena Anaya attends the Cinema Society & DeLeon Tequila screening after party for "The Skin I Live In" at The Double Seven on October 13, 2011 in New York City.

Director Pedro Almodovar, actress Elena Anaya, and actor Antonio Banderas attend the Cinema Society & DeLeon Tequila screening of "The Skin I Live In" at the Tribeca Grand Hotel on October 13, 2011 in New York City.

zimbio

Actress Elena Anaya visits SiriusXM Studios to promote her new movie "The Skin I Live In" on October 13, 2011 in New York, New York.

zimbio

I just saw The skin live in. Elena gives an amazing performance
Hope she gets recognized

Elena-Anaya_290x435.jpg

the-skin-I-live-in-04_123300341931.jpg_carousel_parties.jpg

It’s been more than 20 years since Antonio Banderas last worked with Pedro Almodóvar, but at last night’s premiere of The Skin I Live In hosted by the Cinema Society and DeLeón at Manhattan’s Tribeca Grand Hotel, the actor noted that, although the director has refined his filmmaking skills, Almodóvar is “essentially the same guy, a guy who explores different territories than anybody else, a guy who goes to places where nobody dares to go.”

Audience members were ready to take the journey. Guests including Oscar de la Renta, Alan Cumming, and Martha Stewart filled every seat of the auditorium. Before the lights dimmed, lead actress Elena Anaya issued a warning: “There’s a lot to digest in this film and I suggest you do it with a glass of wine after the screening!” Heeding her advice, Rufus Wainwright joined Madonna, Calvin Klein, and Terry Richardson at Double Seven in the Meatpacking District to toast the cast.

The after-party could have been a scene from Almodóvar’s next movie, with stunning women comprising most of the crowd. “Someone had asked me the other day how I find such beautiful starlets,” said the director. “My secret lies in Spain. Penélope and Elena, they are a common beauty there.” However, it’s not just the face that lands the role, he admitted. “Elena had to take on a very unusual part. I needed a good actress and a tough woman. Elena was perfect for that. She is like a warrior, a soldier.” Yet, despite the tough demands of the job, the actress revealed that, “although it’s not a funny film, it was a lot of fun to make. Working with Antonio and Pedro was delightful. Laughter is a good way to relieve tension, and we laughed a lot.”

vanityfair.it, vogue.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snork
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->